Turn on thread page Beta

Why She Loves The Thug In You watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muskateer)
    And stereotyping is what the English culture has been drumming into people like you. I am by far not a chav I can't think of any black chavs and if i found one i would be worried. But lets not get racial - i was merely commenting on one aspect of relationships so common it could possibly be deemed normal. And plus, what is normal is a normative statement any - no fact which is why i was taken aback by your sweeping remark.
    I know Black Chavs

Which in itsef is a little odd, as I'd always thought of Chav culture as trying to emulate stereotypically "black culture" just adding the boy racer and burberry as a garnish? What with all the bling and the recent uptake of "raaaaa" in every sentence.

Or maybe that's just me thinking that/

ReputationRep:
    Hey people. I live in a really really socio-economically deprived area (big up catford south east london) where most of my cousins and friends are basically badboys(or as the title suggests - thugs). Now in these areas there is a certain code to live by, one component being this 'rude' or badboy' attitude to girls. I'm not going to lie, i followed suit - and wh...because its true. Girls love the bad in me. I went out with this girl for three months and the first went badly(i was being nice to her) but then I started returning to me and guess what..she liked me more than ever, and didn't want to break up.

Why is this abnormal thing so natural in all of you girls??

:confused:
    I come from there - its not THAT bad. And im not friends with anyone who has a badboy attitude to girls. Maybe you should find new friends.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like 'bad boys' - it always seems like they're acting up, trying to be someone they're not.

And they scare me :p:

I like nice guys

ReputationRep:

It's not! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    I come from there - its not THAT bad. And im not friends with anyone who has a badboy attitude to girls. Maybe you should find new friends.

Yeh, the geezer i know from cat ain't bad, catford's cool.

ReputationRep:
    I have so much respect for people who join a certain culture just because of the area they live in... NOT

ReputationRep:
    Hey people. I live in a really really socio-economically deprived area (big up catford south east london) where most of my cousins and friends are basically badboys(or as the title suggests - thugs). Now in these areas there is a certain code to live by, one component being this 'rude' or badboy' attitude to girls. I'm not going to lie, i followed suit - and wh...because its true. Girls love the bad in me. I went out with this girl for three months and the first went badly(i was being nice to her) but then I started returning to me and guess what..she liked me more than ever, and didn't want to break up.

To pretty and intelligent students you're just another chav...........to a council estate slapper you're God.

ReputationRep:
    Different girls are attracted to different broad types of men.

The bad boy has appeal because of the sense of being secretly naughty, because of a sense of adventure and rebellion, a sense that she has something that is coveted by others and a sense that she can be provided for by someone who is above her in "cool" status.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Oh of course they do. Everyone is making ridiculous generalisations here. I wouldn't be stupid enough to touch any of your silly little "bad boys" because they just haven't got a clue what they're doing and wouldn't be worth wasting my time on.

There are plenty of nice men out there. Some of them are taken, some aren't. And some girls go for guys who exaggerrate their masculinity, and some see through it and see how generally immature it is.
    hear hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    Yeh, the geezer i know from cat ain't bad, catford's cool.
    Well i wouldnt go THAT far.

But he seems to be painting the picture that all boys from there turn out to be some sort of thug. Its usually the immature little boys, who watch too many gangster films, and like to run around with a pen knife :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    Well i wouldnt go THAT far.

But he seems to be painting the picture that all boys from there turn out to be some sort of thug. Its usually the immature little boys, who watch too many gangster films, and like to run around with a pen knife :rolleyes:

I would agree with you. But mostly it's a London grime scene "ting". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    New Cross pwns Catford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    New Cross pwns Catford.
    Do you mean it OWNS? no way!

ReputationRep:
    Of course it does.
    Amersham arms.
    Telegraph Hill Park.
    The Bus station.
    You lose!

ReputationRep:
    Err. The cat!

YOU lose

ReputationRep:
    Catford.................urgh.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, well-brought up 'nice' girls with decent moral values don't feel the need to find a 'gansta' who's going to give them a huge amount of trouble. No proper lady would do themselves such a disservice.

Birds of a feather flock together and all that...

Remember Emmeline Pankhurst and her suffragettes who battled to get rid of the stereotype that women had to be dominated by their partners. Women who like badboys are weak and want to feel victimised and powerless - what's wrong with these women?!? Equality is an absolute necessity in a healthy relationship, and these women who say they like bad boys just want the attention from being treated badly.

If your parents teach you any form of respect, you should always hold the door open for someone, male or female, regardless of whether you're a 'bad boy' or not. And I personally find it sickening that there are all these boys from deprived areas who act all hard and 'thug' because they think it makes them look more masculine. For God's sake, grow up and try to do something valuable with your life...

Rant over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelharpist)
    In my opinion, well-brought up 'nice' girls with decent moral values don't feel the need to find a 'gansta' who's going to give them a huge amount of trouble. No proper lady would do themselves such a disservice.

Birds of a feather flock together and all that...

Remember Emmeline Pankhurst and her suffragettes who battled to get rid of the stereotype that women had to be dominated by their partners. Women who like badboys are weak and want to feel victimised and powerless - what's wrong with these women?!? Equality is an absolute necessity in a healthy relationship, and these women who say they like bad boys just want the attention from being treated badly.

If your parents teach you any form of respect, you should always hold the door open for someone, male or female, regardless of whether you're a 'bad boy' or not. And I personally find it sickening that there are all these boys from deprived areas who act all hard and 'thug' because they think it makes them look more masculine. For God's sake, grow up and try to do something valuable with your life...

Rant over

Rep. is due to you. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Rep. is due to you. :yy:
    Hehe - why thank you :p:

Just my personal grievances really as I've grown up in Bromley, near Downham and Catford, and I drive through Catford three times every week to get to my harp lessons in New Cross.

Let's just say that you make sure all the doors of your car are locked as you drive round the backstreets of Catford. You never know, might get 'jumped' by one of these 'badboys' with a Swiss Army Knife! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wish i could burn all bad boys. They are a menace to society! lol

They hog all the women

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.