Why She Loves The Thug In You Watch

This discussion is closed.
jointhedots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Muskateer)
You shouldn't call people that do this idiots...its just unfair. You could say they are a bit naive in that department but how can you brad someone an 'idiot'. And if your not into the whole catford thing just don't go there, im sure theres many sensitive guys with a backbone in Brighton(im not insinuating any homosexual innuendo!!)
Naivity to that extent is up there with idiocy as far as I'm concerned and frankly if they go out with someone who treats them like crap (which the 'badboy' attitude seems to suggest to me) then they are, in my opinion, idiotic. Maybe unfair, but there we go.

I'd love to avoid most of South London as a whole, sadly being as I live in Streatham for 5 months of the year and most of my friends here are scattered around South West/East it's not really possible and I bump into these kind of arrogant ****s on a fairly regular basis.
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey people. I live in a really really socio-economically deprived area (big up catford south east london) where most of my cousins and friends are basically badboys(or as the title suggests - thugs). Now in these areas there is a certain code to live by, one component being this 'rude' or badboy' attitude to girls. I'm not going to lie, i followed suit - and wh...because its true. Girls love the bad in me. I went out with this girl for three months and the first went badly(i was being nice to her) but then I started returning to me and guess what..she liked me more than ever, and didn't want to break up.

Why is this abnormal thing so natural in all of you girls??

:confused:
Because they pay to much attention to how bad boys are perceived in films and rap music.
If 50cent started wearing pink tops and fluffy slippers girls would eventually want guys to be like that to.
Either that there just the typical stupid slow teenage girl
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
[QUOTE=Muskateer]Okay, Im under the kosh here...im stillgoing to use my 'backbone' and say my piece.

No, you rightly said, 'ghetto' guys are from lewisham...'wildcats' however, are from catford. And I'm not making catford look like anything but catford - my experience of the area is what i described. Of course you think I'm making it worse but you lack the street acumen as you have clearly displayed(see quote above)

What school? and I bet you live near the bromley part.QUOTE]

:eek: No! I live on the outskirts going into sydenham/forest hill.

And i went to sedgehill. I know my stuff!
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Catfords resident gang??? Grime scene??? Street acumen??? Wildcats???
Sounds like aload of cat food products to me
Whats this all about Pimpsville or something??? Does anyone here really care about these badboy fantasy lives?
Muskateer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Point accepted misslibby.

Because they pay to much attention to how bad boys are perceived in films and rap music.
Where do you think 50 cent gets his image from though? He obviously gets it from the roads anyway. 50 Cent wouldn't be big if he didn't imitate the streetboy so I don't agree with that point at all. And don't bring rap music into it anyways are there not any badboys in any other type of music? (its amazing how pete doherty(middle name charlie) is 'cool' and not a badboy. Such a cliche and stereotypical point to make - heard that rubbish before.

And i went to sedgehill. I know my stuff!
Well if you went to sedgehill and 'know your stuff' you will know that a teacher horrifically hanged himself to death as a result of you know what - badboys and the general stress from those kids. So just how bad do these boys need to be 'badboys'. What year did you leave?
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Point accepted misslibby.

Where do you think 50 cent gets his image from though? He obviously gets it from the roads anyway. 50 Cent wouldn't be big if he didn't imitate the streetboy so I don't agree with that point at all. And don't bring rap music into it anyways are there not any badboys in any other type of music? (its amazing how pete doherty(middle name charlie) is 'cool' and not a badboy. Such a cliche and stereotypical point to make - heard that rubbish before.

Well if you went to sedgehill and 'know your stuff' you will know that a teacher horrifically hanged himself to death as a result of you know what - badboys and the general stress from those kids. So just how bad do these boys need to be 'badboys'. What year did you leave?

Yes i know, i was there :rolleyes: And he was clinically depressed, so i think you may have been misinformed..

I think i left in 2001, but my brother still goes there.
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I live in Sydenham (which neighbours Catford) and I can assure you it is very easy to avoid that kind of culture if you want to.

And south-east London actually rules.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just because you live in a (what you think to be) a bad neighbourhood, does NOT give you an excuse to accept that local culture and ebgin acting like a prick.
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh where does he get the image from???? oh the wonders of image consultants and record producers etc etc etc surely that was obvious???
and pete doherty isn't cool and i never said it was just rap music, but rap music is the sort of image young girls are most impressionable to.
Muskateer
Rep:
?
(Original post by MNBStyle)
Catfords resident gang??? Grime scene??? Street acumen??? Wildcats???
Sounds like aload of cat food products to me
Whats this all about Pimpsville or something??? Does anyone here really care about these badboy fantasy lives?
If it was such a fantasy why is it such an eminent element of a girls desire for a boy. Whether or not it applys to you doesn't matter to anyone in here either. I just posed a simple question which you have complexed, i suggest you adopt a more realist attitude. How can a badboy life be fantasy - think before you type...look how many young black youths are in gangs which don't just deal in petty crime,don't achieve in school and end up incarcerated.Why are they like that? Because they are ignored, just like you have acted so obliviously now. How can a badboy be a fantasy when they are with no doubt - badboys??
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
BTW - 50 cent at Reading festival 2004... Glad to say i got a bottle to hit him
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
look how many young black youths are in gangs which don't just deal in petty crime,don't achieve in school and end up incarcerated.Why are they like that? Because they are ignored
No, because they are idiots. They do their own thing and when society rejects them, they claim its because they were 'ignored'.
If the government spent half its money on the middle classes as it does on the lower classes offering pointless support... this country would be a much better place.
jointhedots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Though it was mildly bizarre when he started throwing things back and in the process probably only managed to hit the front section of the crowd...ie. the small minority who were actually interested in seeing him.

I told one of my friends about that and he was like 'yeah but they shouldn't have thrown stuff at him, he's like a proper gangster!' bless...
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
I was there...and I tried, but I doubt any of mine hit him.
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by morgangills)
I live in Sydenham (which neighbours Catford) and I can assure you it is very easy to avoid that kind of culture if you want to.

And south-east London actually rules.
Magic!
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You seem like a 30yr old loser that hangs around student websites. You should know better.

Your logo reminds of the group of computer freaks that hang about the internet. Take a leaf out of my avatar and use it, it'll relax the punk in you.
yes kiddo.

You've got to realise that, considering that you're not with your little mates in the town centre acting like you're living in a ghetto, you don't impress people here. Especially considering the fact I could just give you a little slap and you'd be on the floor. :rolleyes:
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it was such a fantasy why is it such an eminent element of a girls desire for a boy. Whether or not it applys to you doesn't matter to anyone in here either. I just posed a simple question which you have complexed, i suggest you adopt a more realist attitude. How can a badboy life be fantasy - think before you type...look how many young black youths are in gangs which don't just deal in petty crime,don't achieve in school and end up incarcerated.Why are they like that? Because they are ignored, just like you have acted so obliviously now. How can a badboy be a fantasy when they are with no doubt - badboys??
but this is to do with you, this isn't to do with young black kids who get involved with the wrong groups.
When i say fantasy im on about girls see this whole bad boy thing as so glamorus.
Sexy hard boys, flash cars, cool clothes, all the street cred, all the respect.
Like you would see on tv, but you and i both know its nowhere near as glamorous as girls fantasize it to be.
You with me yet????
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol, if your first dont hit.. jst keep on throwing!

I was very glad he eventually decided to sod off after being hit by that camper chair!
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
lol, if your first dont hit.. jst keep on throwing!

I was very glad he eventually decided to sod off after being hit by that camper chair!
It was rather hilarious wasn't it....although some bird next to me got hit by a wine bottle on her head. That was a bit harsh...she was fine though.
Muskateer
Rep:
?
And he was clinically depressed
And that was helped so much by the great kids of sedgehill?

can assure you it is very easy to avoid that kind of culture if you want to.
I think it really depends...plus, sydenham is nice. And your right - south east london rules.

Just because you live in a (what you think to be) a bad neighbourhood, does NOT give you an excuse to accept that local culture and ebgin acting like a prick.
Be realistic sonny, life isn't all gravy. I know my area is bad enough to be termed bad. You probably live in some hilly billy ends where you can extract yourself easier than me. And accepting one element of local culture is not the same as 'accepting the local culture'. Don't put words in my keyboard.

i never said it was just rap music
just coincedence eh? too bad i dont believe you. Natural blame culture if you ask me.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads