Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    Magic!
    South-east London is beyond amazing.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

The kids of sedgehill ARE great. I cant help that he wanted to kill himself.

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes, as with so many troubled children you try to blame yourself on that area you grew up on.

I shant play the 'i grew up in a rough area as well, but im ok' card because, tbh, its just too easy a card to play.

Look at the real world.. no-one gives a **** if you grew up in a bad area... dont have good exam results? bugger off, im not hiring you! I wouldnt hire someone with bad results just because they 'grew up in a bad area'.. stop making up excuses for the people in your area, if you wanted to learn and be a decent member of society.. you would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muskateer)
    And that was helped so much by the great kids of sedgehill?
    I so nearly went there...a lot of my primary school friends did.

I think it really depends...plus, sydenham is nice. And your right - south east london rules.
    lol yes well that depends how you define "nice". I just like it here because I've lived here all my life and feel comfortable here. Not because it's nice necessarily...

ReputationRep:
    just coincedence eh? too bad i dont believe you. Natural blame culture if you ask me.
    Yeah you would be right, to bad you dont beleive me yeah, i think you need to get your head out of your arse abit thoe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    :rolleyes:

The kids of sedgehill ARE great. I cant help that he wanted to kill himself.
    I have a very good friend who left there after yr 11 and came to my school...although she has a lot of horror stories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgangills)
    I have a very good friend who left there after yr 11 and came to my school...although she has a lot of horror stories.
    Yes, i could probably tell you quite a few too, but then again, it is in a bit of a deprived area! I have nothing against it, i really liked it there, and i liked growing up sort of streetwise :cool:

Plus, it got me where i am today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    Yes, i could probably tell you quite a few too, but then again, it is in a bit of a deprived area! I have nothing against it, i really liked it there, and i liked growing up sort of streetwise :cool:

Plus, it got me where i am today!
    What on TSR at 1am talking about catford??

ReputationRep:
    I'm like 10 mins away from there...and know a lot of people who go or went there.

As I said I was very close to going there (instead ending up selling my soul to the devil and sitting the test for Langley and going there instead).

ReputationRep:
    Hypocrisy. To me, throwing bottles at someone who has just come to provide entertainment seems pretty prickish to me.

No, because they are idiots. They do their own thing and when society rejects them, they claim its because they were 'ignored'.
    If the government spent half its money on the middle classes as it does on the lower classes offering pointless support... this country would be a much better place.
    WTF is their 'own thing'. Society rejects bad apples, but bad apples are created when something is left to rot. Im not even getting into how you conservatives have left us to rot. And its not our fault we get pointless support.

And as for that loser who said i hang around town centres, just go and get robbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MNBStyle)
    What on TSR at 1am talking about catford??
    Ha yeh - get me!

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what 'their own thing' is, why dont you explain it to me?

Maybe while your at it you could explain it to my why all you 'gangsta badboys' seem to find it nessasary to not only **** up your own education.. but to also brign down those around you. Explain to my why, just because you live in a certain area you have to or are expected to act in a certain way. Infact no, explain to me why all of these 'badboy' gansta loosers can then expect tax payers to give them handouts because they were too busy having fun at school to learn and now cant get jobs.

society rejects the people that dont want to belong to society. Way it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    i dont know what 'their own thing' is, why dont you explain it to me?

Maybe while your at it you could explain it to my why all you 'gangsta badboys' seem to find it nessasary to not only **** up your own education.. but to also brign down those around you. Explain to my why, just because you live in a certain area you have to or are expected to act in a certain way. Infact no, explain to me why all of these 'badboy' gansta loosers can then expect tax payers to give them handouts because they were too busy having fun at school to learn and now cant get jobs.

society rejects the people that dont want to belong to society. Way it should be.
    *Claps* Spot on, if other people ignore you, you accuse them of being snobbish or prejudiced.
    But if they take action and try listening to you, you will then accuse us of interfering, or being prejudiced again or that we dont want your sort.
    So you can't win either way

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.