hating school Watch

Inclination
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Poica)
The logic was, the amended school uniform made the girls look like sluts.
Ah, but looks can be deceiving. Many true sluts dress like sluts, but non-sluts may dress like sluts as well.

(Original post by poica)

Good question. How about you field this one, as I haven't a clue?
Glasses? I haven't a clue either. A shy girl in my course back in middle school had both braces and glasses, while being a top student, and was well-liked. Given, she was rather pretty underneath the glasses and braces.
Inclination
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sithius)
Or maybe they give off a 'nice guy' vibe that the bullies can't handle since they hold a deep hatred for themselves and deal with it by 'bullying'.
To be honest, it seems many bullies are soft-hearted fools at the core, whereas the "nice ones" always seem to hide a brooding contempt for people. Deceiving appearances.
Poica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Inclination)
Ah, but looks can be deceiving. Many true sluts dress like sluts, but non-sluts may dress like sluts as well.

Glasses? I haven't a clue either. A shy girl in my course back in middle school had both braces and glasses, while being a top student, and was well-liked. Given, she was rather pretty underneath the glasses and braces.
So was my friend. This isn't about looks. It isn't about a vibe. At least not with all bullying. Perhaps in your, limited, middle-class experience, but then that's not all that much.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Inclination
, And you get this from where? All the people I've known who have been bullied are pretty damn nice people... I'm not saying that some aren't 'bad' from getting picked on but most of the time they are okay.

Don't reply saying I am wrong because I know these people you don't.
Poica
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
To be honest, it seems many bullies are soft-hearted fools at the core, whereas the "nice ones" always seem to hide a brooding contempt for people. Deceiving appearances.
Ohhhh! They're soft hearted fools!!! Now I understand, I had it all wrong, I thought they were picking on me because they were mean *******s who wanted to make my life miserable! But of course not, they were just being friendly! What lovely young men and women they really must be.
Inclination
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Poica)
So was my friend. This isn't about looks. It isn't about a vibe. At least not with all bullying. Perhaps in your, limited, middle-class experience, but then that's not all that much.

Well, I actually attended a private school for many years. Hence middle-class and low, upper-class experiences. Those count as two separate environments, right?
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, I actually attended a private school for many years. Hence middle-class and low, upper-class experiences. Those count as two separate environments, right?
Since when did you have a psychology degree?
Poica
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah. Two environments - still a limited experience. Trust me, I went to a comprehensive in a working class area and a grammar school in a middle class area. You have no idea what bullying even IS, mate.
Inclination
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Inclination
, And you get this from where? All the people I've known who have been bullied are pretty damn nice people... I'm not saying that some aren't 'bad' from getting picked on but most of the time they are okay.

Don't reply saying I am wrong because I know these people you don't.
Ok, so they weren't arrogant or anything? I've gone to school with many dorks and geeks, and I haven't known any bullies or bullied people.)
Inclination
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Since when did you have a psychology degree?
I'm actually getting a real degree at university, mate.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow... I'm stunned. I really don't see you doing too well at it judging from your strange replies. You look at everything backwards.
Poica
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok, so they weren't arrogant or anything? I've gone to school with many dorks and geeks, and I haven't known any bullies or bullied people.)
Wait...you've NEVER known any bullies or bullied people??
How the hell are you supposed to know how to avoid being bullied then? If you have no experience, you can't just make something up that you think works!!!
Inclination
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow... I'm stunned. I really don't see you doing too well at it judging from your strange replies. You look at everything backwards.
Right, because Freud--the father of modern psychology--was really sane. :rolleyes: Two words: sex, incest. That's basically all you need to know.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Poica)
Wait...you've NEVER known any bullies or bullied people??
How the hell are you supposed to know how to avoid being bullied then? If you have no experience, you can't just make something up that you think works!!!
Exactly!

Enough said.
Inclination
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't know who he is but I assume he did incest from how you put it.

Btw, doing incest may be strange but atleast he PROBABLY looked at things correctly. (Besides the incest ;o)
haha.

You bring up psychology. I mention Freud. You have no idea who he is? THEN DO NOT BRING UP PSYCHOLOGY!

I've actually read a few of Freud's published works, including Dora. Talk about a psychopath. He basically related EVERYTHING in life to sex and incest. In Dora, her desire for another guy was because she had an ingrained, sexual longing for her father or some ridiculous notion like that. Oh yes, he also talks about sexual abuse and child molestation a lot. He basically believes that children are born "sexualized" and hence impure.

Freud sure created psychology: the "psycho" bit.

He also states that children are born naturally homosexual, and that through sexual exploration with a friend at a young age, you progress to straightness. However some people, like Dora, are in purgatory and are thus bisexual.
kateykat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did well academically at high school and got a lot of stick for it. I hated school. I was accused of not working hard for my GCSEs even though my mum died just before them and I worked my arse off until about 2am in the morning some days so I was really offended by that. People who are nasty to you about being intelligent are just jealous, I wouldn't worry about them. Once you get to sixth form you'll meet people who won't be so immature.
Poica
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And anyway, Freud is in fact completely off the topic...
Zymoen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
haha.

You bring up psychology. I mention Freud. You have no idea who he is? THEN DO NOT BRING UP PSYCHOLOGY!

I've actually read a few of Freud's published works, including Dora. Talk about a psychopath. He basically related EVERYTHING in life to sex and incest. In Dora, her desire for another guy was because she had an ingrained, sexual longing for her father or some ridiculous notion like that. Oh yes, he also talks about sexual abuse and child molestation a lot. He basically believes that children are born "sexualized" and hence impure.

Freud sure created psychology: the "psycho" bit.

He also states that children are born naturally homosexual, and that through sexual exploration with a friend at a young age, you progress to straightness. However some people, like Dora, are in purgatory and are thus bisexual.

I know who Freud is and I'm totally unimpressed that you're basing your understanding of bullying on his teachings.

Inclination you sound such a twit. At least Zooropa has some logic in his arguments and I sometimes actually wonder if he puts forward his theories because he enjoys the debate, you just talk rubbish.
Inclination
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Zymoen)
I know who Freud is and I'm totally unimpressed that you're basing your understanding of bullying on his teachings.

Inclination you sound such a twit. At least Zooropa has some logic in his arguments and I sometimes actually wonder if he puts forward his theories because he enjoys the debate, you just talk rubbish.
What are you talking about? You're seriously an idiot. When did I use Freud to
talk about bullying? (I actually said bullied kids somewhat give off negative vibes; I didn't use Freud to talk about bullying.)
Some kid just mentioned psychology and I referred to Freud, and the kid said " I don't know who he is" so I elaborated on Freud's notions.

Read what I write before you comment, idiot.
Zymoen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Inclination, I almost couldn't be bothered to reply to you, but I just want to make the point that I had read the whole thread.

At school I used to mentor kids who'd been bullied and was so good at it that it was extended outside the school. I can assure you that you show not the slightest understanding of what being bullied is.

There is no 'type' that gets picked on. Bullying comes about more as a power trip than that the victim deserves it, the aggressor usually feels inferior or ironically is/has been bullied themselves. The victim doesn't send out 'vibes', the victim is just there. Once the aggressor starts, others join in, partly out of self preservation (after all nobody is going to confront someone with that much pent up anger). Once you have a group then the victim becomes isolated as nobody wants to befriend someone so 'clearly' disliked. That's when the justification comes in. Most decent people don't want to be seen as a bully, so they have to reason why they behave the way they do. The victim deserved it because 'he thinks he's superior' it's deserved 'well have you seen the way she dresses' 'well if they act as a nerd, dork, geek what do they expect' and on and on it goes. Bullying is insidious.

The way boys and girls behave is different too. Boys are more physical, girls more verbal, with a degree of crossover. Boys who are victimised are left feeling humiliated after being beaten and jeered for being a wimp, girls are psychologically beaten and their self esteem is left on the floor, sometimes for years afterwards.

The more deprived an area, and the poorer the discipline in the school, the worse the bullying. The kids have more reasons to be angry, poverty, inferior education etc, and the greater the jealousies. If you feel unintelligent, then you will resent the person in class who is doing well and try to indicate that intelligent isn't cool. If you struggle to dress according to fashion then you'll dislike the person who always has the latest style or dresses in an unusual way.

Inclination try surviving in an inner city school and then come out saying you understand bullying, when even the teachers get a hard time and leave with stress because they can't take it any more. A private school protects the kids, you don't understand, you really don't.

I do acknowledge that I was mistaken in thinking that you used Freud to justify your argument. You were responding to Sithus and explained Freud in a fair way. If you're doing Psychology and want to pm me, I'll give you a list of some interesting books.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (144)
18.56%
No (471)
60.7%
Not really bothered about them (161)
20.75%

Watched Threads