Turn on thread page Beta

A Bathing Ape watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Actually, its because I find it utterly disgusting. Please don't tell me what I think, I'm sure I know better than you do.

Besides, as I just bought this top, I don't think bright colours are an issue with me.

Also, seeing as how you haven't met me, I'd be interested to know how you can pass judgement on my style?
    i think your location says it all really..

@angel. its not pretentious at all. ppl dont buy bape to look different it just so happens i like clothing which is bright/brash pushing the limit. many ppl give comment on my style be it good or bad (although mostly its good) but i dont care for anyones opinions cos i like it.

recap nothing to do with trying to look different more so there is no brand out there like bape and the designs are imo nice and different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgenius)
    Haha! And what does your location say? That you're totally void of class and are stupid enough to spend ridiculous amounts of time and cash on one "rare" hoody?

Say what you want. Bottom line is this: I dislike Bape. I like the way I dress. As you said yourself, I don't care about anyone else's opinion, I dress for me.

ReputationRep:
    hehe are you trying to insinuate your area has 'class'?! because to me it shouts 'middle of nowhere!'

your not very original in that many ppl have told me im stupid for paying $$ and time on a hoodie. but fact is i am 100X more happy getting a bape hoodie than say a h+m one.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Let him be.

ReputationRep:
    but fact is i am 100X more happy getting a bape hoodie than say a h+m one.
    Then truly your life is missing something. Seriously - its just a hoody.

Get a girlfriend or a boyfriend or a dog or something, for the love of God!

ReputationRep:
    Okay.. Anyone who has been in the BAPe shop in picadilly, could you tell me if they sell there whole range in there? I really want a cameo Hoody, and possibly a tee. And does it still operate that stupid 1 piece of clothing per visiter it started in japan to make it unique?

ReputationRep:

@angel. its not pretentious at all. ppl dont buy bape to look different it just so happens i like clothing which is bright/brash pushing the limit. many ppl give comment on my style be it good or bad (although mostly its good) but i dont care for anyones opinions cos i like it.

recap nothing to do with trying to look different more so there is no brand out there like bape and the designs are imo nice and different.
    But if it has nothing to do with trying to look different, then why do you say that you really admire/respect someone who is wearing something really rare, regardless of how it looks? Also, the pretentiousness I implied was because that people would actually try to hunt down really rare pieces even if they looked cack.

Also, there are other brands out there that do some Bape-esque lines - I've seen Diesel do some similar stuff and same with some of the limited stuff Evisu launched a few years back. Anyhows, if you like it, then that's all that counts, however I'll still stand by my opinion that Muskateers posts were absolutely hilarious - connection...:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    oh ok there is something missing for me because i like my clothes? i think not. interests are relative to everyone. i find im happy with life etc but somehow my interests mean that im a bit messed up..

what are YOUR interests?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Okay.. Anyone who has been in the BAPe shop in picadilly, could you tell me if they sell there whole range in there? I really want a cameo Hoody, and possibly a tee. And does it still operate that stupid 1 piece of clothing per visiter it started in japan to make it unique?
    Imagenius ^^ please answer lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    But if it has nothing to do with trying to look different, then why do you say that you really admire/respect someone who is wearing something really rare, regardless of how it looks? Also, the pretentiousness I implied was because that people would actually try to hunt down really rare pieces even if they looked cack.

Also, there are other brands out there that do some Bape-esque lines - I've seen Diesel do some similar stuff and same with some of the limited stuff Evisu launched a few years back. Anyhows, if you like it, then that's all that counts, however I'll still stand by my opinion that Muskateers posts were absolutely hilarious - connection...:toofunny:
    i respect them because its a rare item not cos they look 'different'. this 'cackness' is relative in any fashion sense/ some items of bape i like others dont etc. i dont like ALL bape just because its bape you know!

diesel is nothing like bape imo. some of the evisu jeans is similar to bape etc tho.

spose muskateer worded it 'funny'..

ReputationRep:
    oh ok there is something missing for me because i like my clothes? i think not. interests are relative to everyone. i find im happy with life etc but somehow my interests mean that im a bit messed up..

what are YOUR interests?...
    I never said you were messed up. I just think its silly that getting a hoody by one brand makes you so much happier than a hoody by another. As I said, its just a hoody.

Funnily enough, I'm into fashion - I work in Topshop during vacations and my ambition is to become a fashion journalist.

You're boring me now, I'm going. Enjoy your Bape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    well i see your in liverpool so doubt you can get a camo hood cos they dont come often and sell out in minutes. they dont limit ppl to 1 item in fact i dont think london has ever done that maybe only jp back in the day. there usually have some tees etc in tho so a tee is realistic.

ReputationRep:
    i respect them because its a rare item not cos they look 'different'. this 'cackness' is relative in any fashion sense/ some items of bape i like others dont etc. i dont like ALL bape just because its bape you know!

diesel is nothing like bape imo. some of the evisu jeans is similar to bape etc tho.

spose muskateer worded it 'funny'..
    Fair enough then - I didn't mean all Diesel stuff, but I remember a couple of lines that they had which were distinctly Bape-esque. Also, now you can't say that Bape is oh so original, as Evisu have done similar stuff - surely that invalidates your case for 'nothing looks like Bape'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    I never said you were messed up. I just think its silly that getting a hoody by one brand makes you so much happier than a hoody by another. As I said, its just a hoody.

Funnily enough, I'm into fashion - I work in Topshop during vacations and my ambition is to become a fashion journalist.

You're boring me now, I'm going. Enjoy your Bape.
    ok yeah im broing YOU! haha

topshop a high street girls dream..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    Fair enough then - I didn't mean all Diesel stuff, but I remember a couple of lines that they had which were distinctly Bape-esque. Also, now you can't say that Bape is oh so original, as Evisu have done similar stuff - surely that invalidates your case for 'nothing looks like Bape'?
    pls could you say more about some diesel pices lookin bape-esque?

evisu has those prints on their jeans bape done some of those. thats it reall prints on the jeans. other apparel such as tees and hoodies the 2 are not alike at all!

ReputationRep:
    pls could you say more about some diesel pices lookin bape-esque?

evisu has those prints on their jeans bape done some of those. thats it reall prints on the jeans. other apparel such as tees and hoodies the 2 are not alike at all!
    I'm afraid I can't remember specifics, as I'm not into that kind of clothing, but they were distincly bold in the same way Bape clothing is, and had a similar sense of design.

ReputationRep:
    ok yeah im broing YOU! haha

topshop a high street girls dream..
    Ouch, that one cut deep.

Topshop is a high street girls dream, if you buy everything from there. But when you mix it with vintage, maybe some designer labels and a few unique pieces of jewellery like the ones at Bath's Guidhall Markets, it takes on a completely different air.

Perhaps someone would be able to apply that principle and make that Bape hoody work. But I won't hold my breath.

ReputationRep:
    ^^well personally i would say things that defnie bape clothing is bright colours, labelling, cartoony designs, apes and camo..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Ouch, that one cut deep.

Topshop is a high street girls dream, if you buy everything from there. But when you mix it with vintage, maybe some designer labels and a few unique pieces of jewellery like the ones at Bath's Guidhall Markets, it takes on a completely different air.

Perhaps someone would be able to apply that principle and make that Bape hoody work. But I won't hold my breath.
    now that you have revealed you secretive style i understand why you dont see the point of bape. i could easily say eurgh whats with that vintage poop, high street topshop and jewellery from a market!

but i dont because i respect everyones own personal style.

btw to everyone in this thread it may seem like im a **** in this thread but i promise im not! i feel deep about my bape and just dont take it persoanlly its only a brand after all..hehe

ReputationRep:
    well i see your in liverpool so doubt you can get a camo hood cos they dont come often and sell out in minutes. they dont limit ppl to 1 item in fact i dont think london has ever done that maybe only jp back in the day. there usually have some tees etc in tho so a tee is realistic.
    I was planning on coming down to London, for a shopping spree anyway. You think there would be little chance of getting hold of a cameo then. I will settle for a Tee i suppose. Will not be til late may anyway, so may be new range out.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.