Turn on thread page Beta

A Bathing Ape watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    well of course there will be new camo hoods coming out soon maybe a few months. BUT they will drop in a week time period. it could be anything from monday to saturday. you basically need ot be at bws everyday and be willing to queue for 5+hours. thats why its hard for those not london residents and with the 'knowledge'

ReputationRep:
    i would never trade my D&G for bape

ReputationRep:
    bape used to be good- but now it's become horribly commercial- cliched line; but true. collaboraitons with pepsi, pharrell, wrestling, reebok, marvel comics, even ****in louis vitton... sell out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgenius)
    well of course there will be new camo hoods coming out soon maybe a few months. BUT they will drop in a week time period. it could be anything from monday to saturday. you basically need ot be at bws everyday and be willing to queue for 5+hours. thats why its hard for those not london residents and with the 'knowledge'
    Ill just have to hope then

ReputationRep:
    This brand is virtually unheard of stateside, but I have a few friends who wear it and I only have two words to say about it: ugly and over priced.

It costs anywhere from 200 to 350 for a pair of shoes here. I've seen jackets on Ebay go for as high as 1,000 dollars. Unnecessary. I wouldn’t buy Armani, D&G or Gucci for that price, let alone something with a monkey all over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grifter)
    bape used to be good- but now it's become horribly commercial- cliched line; but true. collaboraitons with pepsi, pharrell, wrestling, reebok, marvel comics, even ****in louis vitton... sell out.
    and how lone 'back' was it good? haha

collabos with pepsi was AGES ago. wrestling is nigo part of the nowhere ltd brand not a collabo. jps like wrestlinh etc. marvel comics was a sick collabo. never collaborated with LV, pharrell did hats a different story. and pharrell was wearing the ape 2/3 years ago not exactly a recent thing is it.

fix up on your facts man.

and to the guy who would rather have D&G good for you but the point was...:confused:

ReputationRep:

collabos with pepsi was AGES ago. wrestling is nigo part of the nowhere ltd brand not a collabo. jps like wrestlinh etc. marvel comics was a sick collabo. never collaborated with LV, pharrell did hats a different story. and pharrell was wearing the ape 2/3 years ago not exactly a recent thing is it.

and to the guy who would rather have D&G good for you but the point was...:confused:
    preferred bape when it was sold in what is now 'the hideout'. mate, it's just that for an 'underground' label it's incredibly corporate- feeling silas, tonite et al far more now.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know what the hideout is!!:p:

so are you trying to say ypu dont like corporate brands? silas and tonite arent exactly underground are they. imo the 2 named brands for me is too bland but thats my opinion.

bape has obviuosly stopped being an underground label when pharrell rocked it. its stopped being that when they have 20 odd bws in jp. its basically not been underground for years maybe not in london or NYC tho.

ok back in the day some decent pieces but at present bape still produces the odd must have item.

ReputationRep:

LOL that bathing ape is not amazing. admittedly they have nice stuff, but they are way expensive

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that doesn't like bape should stop posting, this post is especially for people that like bape, and want to discuss it. This includes people like calderstones who had a question (by the way you have to be in london and the best advice is on the first page).

Have some respect..stay in your own stores.

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought this thread had something to with giving Monkeys baths! Oops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazydays)
    I actually thought this thread had something to with giving Monkeys baths! Oops!

And why would you be interested in that??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend who works in the "bathing ape" shop !
    (i live in tokyo) I am not a big fan of Bape but I do have a few hoodies, tshirts and 1 jacket. I think they are very comfortable and suits my style (well most of the time..) =)

there is even a bape collaboro hair salon here- it doesn't really have apes everywhere though. it just belongs to the same person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muskateer)
    And why would you be interested in that??:confused:
    I work in a Zoo. :p: But seriously, I was really curious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candystrippa)
    i have a friend who works in the "bathing ape" shop !
    (i live in tokyo) I am not a big fan of Bape but I do have a few hoodies, tshirts and 1 jacket. I think they are very comfortable and suits my style (well most of the time..) =)

there is even a bape collaboro hair salon here- it doesn't really have apes everywhere though. it just belongs to the same person.
    lol, would one look like a bape once they had had a haircut in there?

how much will it cost to have a haircut since getting a t shirt costs about 50-60 pounds

ReputationRep:
    ^^^$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

its not a collabo its a section of the nowhere ltd company. called bape cuts i think. bape is a lifestyle brand and its basically a normal salon i think. they also have cafes and a hotel soon!

ReputationRep:
    i did a shoot in japan and got given a Bape bag, which was nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gio)
    lol, would one look like a bape once they had had a haircut in there?

how much will it cost to have a haircut since getting a t shirt costs about 50-60 pounds
    Bape cuts is not too expensive- similar to many other japanese salons.
    I've had my hair cut there, and no I didn't look like an ape :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Then truly your life is missing something. Seriously - its just a hoody.

Get a girlfriend or a boyfriend or a dog or something, for the love of God!

LOLLLLL AMIE U SMASHED IT UP LOLLLLLL

Just to add I have to say that Bape does have one or two hoodies I have likes BUT THAT is simply the camo ones...the red camo especially...I dont care if its old...new..."cool" to you sad people or not but I think its nice...the fact that you actively think you are superior to others because you are buying an "exclusive" piece is something so shallow I hope to God that you do open your minds horizons...like another poster said...if you truely want to be original and you think you know so much about fashion then go to a tailor and get them to make you your own clothes...

To Iamgenius....I dont know you so I cant pass judgement on you but from what I have read of your posts you truely do seem to think that those branded clothes make them better...I do like original clothes too...and yes a lot of designer clothes are nice...but not because they are "designer"...

THe truth is that if they werent "BAPE" then you wouldnt like them so much or at all, they are just attention seeking clothes with random prints on it...the Indian culture has been doing it for thousands of years! Just not in the age of diamonds and hip hop....you call it "street clothing" or "street wear"...where the hell are you from? Do you really think you are from the "street"...be an individual for Gods sake and dont call other people "sheep" for wearing clothes from Topshop where you are also a member of a flock...just a smaller flock because Bape only produce a certain amount of clothes...still a sheep just to re-iterate....

ReputationRep:
    I think BAPE is okay but not particularly my sort of thing; too scruffy and teenaged. I like some of the tees, though.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.