The Student Room Group

My grades are much better than my offers, what do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by roflcakes1
Remember that to get an A* you have to get >90% in your A2 exams. So even if you got 100% in your business AS resit, if you got 87% and not over 90% in your A2 exam, you won't be given an A* grade. So you might still end up getting something A*AB or even AAB.
There's nothing wrong with taking a gap year. If you can get a relevant job or work experience placement, you'll actually be at an advantage when you leave uni in terms of employers.

This is so confusing, so even if I get 100% in 1 A2 exam but 89% in the next I wont get the A* grade? even though in total I would be over the 90% overall threshold? And your saying I would have to resit my unit 3 business the 87% just to be able to get the A*? This is stupid if thats how you need to get an A*, I am guaranteed the A's in both subjects as i need a medium U and a low E in next exams. But it provides me no incentive to work hard for the next business exam because I am not resitting the 87%, feels bad man. Just gunna get my >U in business then and focus on economics and maths. Man I hate the A* rule now.

nevermind its over 90% overall for my A2 exams, so I need 93%+ in my next exam for business for the A*, so there is incentive for me to work hard! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by owen1994
This is so confusing, so even if I get 100% in 1 A2 exam but 89% in the next I wont get the A* grade? even though in total I would be over the 90% overall threshold? And your saying I would have to resit my unit 3 business the 87% just to be able to get the A*? This is stupid if thats how you need to get an A*, I am guaranteed the A's in both subjects as i need a medium U and a low E in next exams. But it provides me no incentive to work hard for the next business exam because I am not resitting the 87%, feels bad man. Just gunna get my >U in business then and focus on economics and maths. Man I hate the A* rule now.

nevermind its over 90% overall for my A2 exams, so I need 93%+ in my next exam for business for the A*, so there is incentive for me to work hard! :biggrin:

I'm not very familiar with UK boards as I took CIE but I do know the rules for the A* quite well. You say you got 100% in Econ and 87% in Business. First off, are these A2 units or AS? How many A2 papers do you have left for both of these subjects?
Reply 22
Original post by Azland
I'm not very familiar with UK boards as I took CIE but I do know the rules for the A* quite well. You say you got 100% in Econ and 87% in Business. First off, are these A2 units or AS? How many A2 papers do you have left for both of these subjects?

1 each

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending