Duac Gel Watch

This discussion is closed.
laura2008
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I ave been using duac gel for a couple of weeks now and it has worked for me a little bit but it hasnt fully cleared my skin up yet i still have a few on my neck but i have to admit my face isnt as bad as it was. The tube im using has only got one more days worth left in it so i am going to go back to the doctors and see if he can give me another one or the same one again cos its ok it hasnt turned my skin all dry and flacky when i first put it on it makes my face feel tight but then that wears off after 10 mins or so. I am willing to try another product one that works cos the things they sell in shops like Oxy and Freederm all that lot know u none ove it works for me cos ive tried them all most of my money has been spent on trying to find a face product that works and none do cos ive tried. Also because im 19 now and im guna b 20 soon and i dont think its normal for me still to have them i can understand that i would ave them in my teens but not the 20s so somethings gotta be done. It used to really upset me and i had very very low self esteem but now im older ive realised that u cant let it get u down cos its not ur fault and if people cant except you for who u r as a person then they r not worth knowing or bein associated with thats what i say. Anyway i will leave it at that for now and when ive been back to the docs i will see what happens and write my outcome.
THANK YOU
Mizz-louise
Report 9 years ago
Hey i have just started using duac gell and have noticed no bleeching My skin usualy gets dry with these products but i only use duac gell at night time and moisturise in the morning. im also on antibiotics so i hope my acne clears up soon. will be a real confidence boost!
Anonymous #5
Report 9 years ago
hi , i've been using duac for a few days now. i leave it on overnight but in the morning after i've washed my face thoroughly with warm water and moisturised my skin feels really itchy and dry and there are red patches. will this go away once i've used it for a week or so?
livvy90
Report 9 years ago
I used it for about a year, but only once, and at night.
I wouldn't recommend more than that cos it did dry mine out a bit, but when I used simple's everyday moisturising cream it re balanced itself. My main prob was that it bleached my sheets which was really annoying!!
You could try building up to the 3x a day usage by increasing the doasge over a few weeks while your skin gets used to it.
If this sounds like too much of a hassle, try antibiotics.
I'm on oxytetracycline tablets and they work just as well and don't dry the skin.
Hope thats helps someone!!
Superdupa
Report 9 years ago
Helloo.

I've been using Duac gel for about 4 days and already i can see the improvements butt it dries out my face so much that i dont even no if i should stop using it. Do you think that if i put cream on in the morning it will make my face greasy and make the spots come even more?

Please helppp
Mimi600
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Superdupa)
Helloo.

I've been using Duac gel for about 4 days and already i can see the improvements butt it dries out my face so much that i dont even no if i should stop using it. Do you think that if i put cream on in the morning it will make my face greasy and make the spots come even more?

Please helppp

Hi, my friend suffered quite badly from spots, so eventually she went to her GP and they prescribed Duac. Her face became dried out and flaky for a while, but after a few weeks there was so much improvement. After a month or two the spots were gone, and she 'tops it up' every few weeks to prevent them returning - each time there is some dryness. But I would say it is well worth it. The dryness in a way shows that unlike many treatments, Duac is actually effective. I would stick it out for a month or two and assess its effectiveness.
Her skin now is clear, a far cry from what it started like.
I hope it works
Superdupa
Report 9 years ago
Thank you ... I think im going to carry on using it to seethe improvement but less because i think if this puffy skin thing carries on i wont have any skin left...............
Thanks againn.. though
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads