Turn on thread page Beta

Denim Jackets = CHAVVY??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clueless101)
    Its not chavvy at all! Even if it was, it would only look chavvy on a chav who wore bright blue eyeshadow, thick mascara and gold chains.

In a nutshell, on a classy Cambridge student like yourself, no
    Why thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Denim jackets have been around for ages and i still think there in fashion. In relation to will it look chavvy, i think it depends on what you are wearing it with.

ReputationRep:
    Why is this in GD and not fashion?

(Original post by hellokitty)
    Denim jackets have been around for ages and i still think there in fashion. In relation to will it look chavvy, i think it depends on what you are wearing it with.
    Wow, I didn't think they'd been in fashion since the 90s. Shows what I know. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Why is this in GD and not fashion?
    My bad, sorry - I made the thread in GD accidentally and couldn't move it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    I wore a small denim jacket right up until I think a year go, granted it was one I'd had since I was 13 which some people thought was pretty shameful - but then again, I've never really given a damn with what I wear.
    Like someone else said I have never actually seen a chav wearing a denim jacket and they can really look cool, in my opinion, on certain people.

ReputationRep:
    Denim Jacket = HEAVVVY - I cant understand why anyone would want to wear one in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love my denim jacket, when i got with my boyfriend 3 n half yrs ago he had a denim jacket he used to wear and he looked sooooo hot in it, i loved it, and would still love it if he ever wore it anymore. I dont wear mine anymore, for no reason apart from it doesn seem to look right with anything so...I dont just hanging up

ReputationRep:
    I have one, I roll the sleeves up, put the collar up and wear it with tracksuit bottoms (NOT the ones with stencilled arses) or summer skirts with a pash or scarf and it looks fab

ReputationRep:
    yeah i've got a really cute one that's cut in a blazer-shape with only one button where it nips in at the waist...it's super cute and have never heard anyone insinuate it's chav or the least bit unfashionable!

ReputationRep:
    I have two,one a normal kind of cut and a light blue one like Grace's I wear both of them quite alot, and I'm not a chav! :P

ReputationRep:
    do you really care about what someone thinks, i don't. i had a deniem acket but it was a horrid colour!!

if i found a nice one and i liked it, i would buy it and indeed wear it.

if you like it, then wear it, i dunt take peoples opinions and stuff seriously as they dunt have the right to tell me i can't wear it, only i can do that, how can it be chavy,

god its a jacket, wear it!! and wear it with pride stuff what anyone else says!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should dye all your hair blue or pink and then wear faded converse and then wear bright red tartan trousers and a little vest top and then go to lectures and become the rebel of camebridge uni woo!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    yeah i've got a really cute one that's cut in a blazer-shape with only one button where it nips in at the waist...it's super cute and have never heard anyone insinuate it's chav or the least bit unfashionable!
    :ditto: I've got one exactly like that. Did you get yours from Monsoon? In Monsoon there's no chavvy essences there whatsoever; Monsoon has great style. I love Monsoon.

ReputationRep:
    Denim jackets make me cringe...

and to whoever hadnt seen one on a chav...someone i vaguely know (and deny knowing) wears one to death and he's a big chav.

but yeah, it's not necessarily a chavvy thing...more a 90s thing.

ReputationRep:
    many high street stores are filled with denim jackets, as they always are for spring. they are not chavvy unless worn by chavs, and they are not dated because they are constantly in stores. they look great with some things and awful with others as is the case with many other styles of jacket. id say if you like it, keep it.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.