Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my poodle (still a puppy) is very aggressive. she just bit me. its not the first time. she growls and very often attacks me and my family with no reason whatsoever. what should i do?im tired with the situation which has lasted since i bought her (id est 7 months).should i put her to sleep?i dont think i can do it...should i give her away to some kind of animal shelter? what are the ways of coping with aggressive dogs?how can one teach them to obey?im depressed coz of that ***** of mine
    help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzy_girl)
    my poodle (still a puppy) is very aggressive. she just bit me. its not the first time. she growls and very often attacks me and my family with no reason whatsoever. what should i do?im tired with the situation which has lasted since i bought her (id est 7 months).should i put her to sleep?i dont think i can do it...should i give her away to some kind of animal shelter? what are the ways of coping with aggressive dogs?how can one teach them to obey?im depressed coz of that ***** of mine
    help
    LOL, that last line is funny. I think you should drown you *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Scarlet)
    LOL, that last line is funny. I think you should drown you *****.

like i said im too soft for that:/ why am i such a whimp?!

ReputationRep:
    like i said im too soft for that:/ why am i such a whimp?!
    I dont know, maybe your parents didnt show you any love?

ReputationRep:
    help
    contact the breeder you got her from and ask for some advice. Usually a good breeder will either help, or offer to take the puppy back and find a new home for it, perhaps with more experienced dog-handlers who would be able to train a difficult dog. Failing that, if you decide you can't look after it, take it to an animal shelter.

ReputationRep:
    Teach her who is the alpha male around the house. Stare her down. they will always look away, then she would respect you.

ReputationRep:
    Some dog trainers recommend giving the pup a little tap on the snout every time they go to bit just enought to sting a bit. But you might not like this as it seems a bit cruel and its hard to avoid getting bitten! You could try taking her to a dog trainer but if you really can't cope phone an animal shelter and see if they'll take her in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Scarlet)
    I dont know, maybe your parents didnt show you any love?

that wasnt very nice...go and think is it possible to fart for 35 mins :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Teach her who is the alpha male around the house. Stare her down. they will always look away, then she would respect you.

i tried to show it to her but she doesnt give a damn. she wants to rule. what are the ways of telling the dog: i am the alpha (*****) dog here? is hitting allowed? i read that i should not hit her under no circumstances but its soooo tepmting lately

ReputationRep:
    Hitting I think is out of teh question. Though a little pat on her nose is enough to show dominance. Never show weakness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    Some dog trainers recommend giving the pup a little tap on the snout every time they go to bit just enought to sting a bit. But you might not like this as it seems a bit cruel and its hard to avoid getting bitten! You could try taking her to a dog trainer but if you really can't cope phone an animal shelter and see if they'll take her in.

i think ill have to do that...thou it will b so embarrasing as i took the responsibility and wasnt able to handle it even now i said to her: here doggie doggie and all she did was : grrrrrr...

ReputationRep:
    is it possible for a dog to be mentally ill?

ReputationRep:
    Dogs are social creatures with complex hierarchies. The reason your poodle behaves badly is because she doesn't realise that you are the dominant one.

If you take your dog to a shelter and she is aggressive towards the staff, they will most likely put her to sleep, even those with a 'we dont put a healthy dog do sleep' policy. You will also have to donate some money.

Try this behaviour management site:
    http://animal.discovery.com/fansites...ggressive.html

ReputationRep:
    help
    If a dog is aggressive like that, you're supposed to wrestle it to the ground and hold its mouth shut. That's apparently what they do in the wild, and it teaches them who's boss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    If a dog is aggressive like that, you're supposed to wrestle it to the ground and hold its mouth shut. That's apparently what they do in the wild, and it teaches them who's boss.

thanks a lot ill definitely try out this one...it wont hurt her right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    Dogs are social creatures with complex hierarchies. The reason your poodle behaves badly is because she doesn't realise that you are the dominant one.

If you take your dog to a shelter and she is aggressive towards the staff, they will most likely put her to sleep, even those with a 'we dont put a healthy dog do sleep' policy. You will also have to donate some money.

Try this behaviour management site:
    http://animal.discovery.com/fansites...ggressive.html

thx Kitten
    no shelter then!
    ill try again...i hope its not too late. i never knew rising up a dog is such a hard work.

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot ill definitely try out this one...it wont hurt her right?
    No it won't hurt her, it'll just teach her who's boss. Put her on her back on the ground, and hold her mouth closed until she stops trying to fight back, you might want some backup around! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    my puppys being a vicious little git at the moment but thats only becuase he's teething and gets a little bit excited when i come home from uni for a visit. He's getting better gradually though and when hes not trying to eat me hes very very cute.

ReputationRep:
    My Jack Russel was a pain in the a*se when he was a puppy- in the mornings he'd grab hold of my dressing gown and wouldn't let go so I'd have to drag him round the house with me, that sort of thing. But now he's a bit older he's soooo lovely so just bear with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    my puppys being a vicious little git at the moment but thats only becuase he's teething and gets a little bit excited when i come home from uni for a visit. He's getting better gradually though and when hes not trying to eat me hes very very cute.

haha lucky u
    u should see my dog in action. she looks really dangerous thou its only a mini poodle. she shows her teeth and shes really quick. she is cute thats for sure but her behaviour really puts me out of patience

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.