Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Stop bank statements coming through? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all

I was wondering if its possible to stop bank statements from coming through the posts? Can i stop them online? Im with HSBC

Save the trees and all that.

ReputationRep:
    you can sign upto internet banking which means you can opt out of getting bank statements..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snufkin_)
    you can sign upto internet banking which means you can opt out of getting bank statements..
    Cheers, does that work for HSBC? Have you tried it?

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/ways-to-bank/internet-banking

Sorry this is a newbie question but is the above link the way you sign up to internet banking? Ive never done this thing before, any help is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I signed up to online banking with Natwest and no longer receive paper statements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Hello all

I was wondering if its possible to stop bank statements from coming through the posts? Can i stop them online? Im with HSBC

Save the trees and all that.
    You can also phone them up and tell them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not with HSBC, but when I log on to online banking, there is an option to 'go paperless'. So I'd assume most banks let you do it that way.

If not, a phonecall should do the job.

ReputationRep:
    Yup HSBC has the option for paperless statements.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.