Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was just wondering whether it's best to take the test in your own car or not? I was going to take it in my instructors car, but now i am not going to have lessons with him, so i am not sure.
    I think i am ready (close to 40 hours), prefer driving in my car and drive better in my own car.
    Some people are advising me to take test in another instructors car, but if i do so, then i will "waste" possibly up-to 10-15 hrs to "adjust to the car" and so new instructor can make money off me.
    What does everybody think is the best thing to do?
    Nish88

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nish88)
    I ... prefer driving in my car and drive better in my own car.
    If that's true, then of course you should take it in your own car.

ReputationRep:
    if you feel comfortable with your car, do it in that.

ReputationRep:
    i would advise take a test in ur car but the problem is u ill have to insure your car so it could be expensive, therefore u might be better off just going with the examiner.

Hope all goes well!

ReputationRep:
    You have to notify your insurance company that the car is being used for a test, and you have to have certain things like a second rear-view mirror for the examiner and an adjustable headrest for the passenger seat.

Check the DSA or DVLA websites for more info (DSA is probably a better place )

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, its probberly not worth hassle of sorting all out.

I prefered my (dads) car to my instructors car, but it wasnt a big deal really, it shouldnt take 10hours to get used a car, two 1hour sessions should be more than enough imo.
    - Geting used to driving diffrent cars is good anyway.

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhutch)
    Tbh, its probberly not worth hassle of sorting all out.

I prefered my (dads) car to my instructors car, but it wasnt a big deal really, it shouldnt take 10hours to get used a car, two 1hour sessions should be more than enough imo.
    - Geting used to driving diffrent cars is good anyway.

Daniel
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Ewww!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.