Turn on thread page Beta

b&Q watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey there i just a got a sales assistants job on a saturday at B&q just wondering what peoples expierances of them are etc.. thank you !!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    I work there, and have done for about 15 months, just part time, started off doing weeknight evenings on the checkouts, and now just working weekends, in a few different roles, I really enjoy working there, but it probably varies quite a bit from store to store?

Are you working on checkouts or a sales department?

ReputationRep:
    It says on their website they don't take aplications from under 18's is that true?

ReputationRep:
    im on checkouts..am quite scared! am 19 !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyndsay1986)
    im on checkouts..am quite scared! am 19 !!
    What and having to wear those awful orange aprons! No Thanks.

What's the point!

ReputationRep:
    it ok then there?

ReputationRep:
    Ok Heres How It Stands I Starting In There Tomorrow Now Im Wondering What Colour/typoe Of Shoes Are You Allowed To Wear And Also Can You Wear Jeans??????? Please Get Bk To Me Asap

ReputationRep:
    I worked there when I was 16, ignore the website.
    Wear trainers, they'll get concrete dust on them. Same goes for trousers, jeans were ok at my store.
    I hated it to be completely honest, I was doing 9hrs on Saturday and 8 on Sunday to save up for a trip (amazing pay on Sundays- time and a half!).
    I did checkouts and it was knackering. The place was a mess, most of the people who worked there didn't give a toss about anything and I found out on my last day that for the past 5 months, my breaks had been cut 15 mins short every day! They also messed up my tax stuff and wern't any help sorting it out. The customers can be horrible, very demanding.
    Going to school Mon-Fri then doing that at the weekend was way too much for me but you might cope fine!
    The best of luck and I hope you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    like addidas trainers??? or black ones? i think tomrorow will just wear black trousers and black shoes to keep it safe... no one told us lol

ReputationRep:
    erm, I wore hiking boot kinda things, they said the toes had to be substantial incase something heavy got dropped on your foot.
    if they haven't told you, you can't know n it's not your fault
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thanks sounds good im gnna wear my timbys!

ReputationRep:
    I Start Tomorrrowwwwww I Hope Its Going To Be Quite Am Soooo Scared........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyndsay1986)
    I Start Tomorrrowwwwww I Hope Its Going To Be Quite Am Soooo Scared........
    How's it going, I bet you love the uniform oh and the apron!

ReputationRep:
    There's a new store opening near me and I'm thinking of applying, but they're website doesn't like Mac's! Will have to go to PC! :p:

ReputationRep:
    u shud i been there three weeks now im loving it..... its really easy and people r dead nioce only thing i hate is the tannoy

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I’m just bringing back an old thread as I have an interview soon for working on the checkouts.
    I just wondered what I should wear. I was thinking maybe a fairly casual shirt, black trousers and shoes, what do you think? Would it be too smart or casual? I am male by the way. Also those of you that work in B&Q, do you think 10 hours in one Saturday would be a bit much on the checkouts? After reading some of the posts above I’m beginning to think I may have made a mistake.

Thank you for any replies :-)

Lee

ReputationRep:
    Clothes you suggested are fine. 10 hours is a lot but it's doable. Anymore and I would say no, but I've done 10 hour shifts a lot and once you get used to it they're fine.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.