How long... Watch

saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
...does it take hair to grow? My hair is shoulder length, some bits are a bit longer, some layers are a bit shorter, and I want it to be long. How long would it take to be half way between my shoulder and elbow? That's probably a growth of about 15cm or 6 inches.

Is there anything I can do or take to encourage the growth? I straighten my hair very rarely, say once a week maximum, and I use a hair mask regularly and have stopped bleaching it and streaking it. I also tie it up in a ponytail or bun most days, and wash it once a day. My diet isn't great but any supplements you could recommend to speed up the growth would be good

My nails have started to grow long for the first time in a while - does this mean my hair is going to grow long/fast as well?

Thanks
guitargirl03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As far as I know, there's nothing which will aid the growth of hair.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guitargirl03)
As far as I know, there's nothing which will aid the growth of hair.
Of course there is - not cutting it would be a good start! :p:
guitargirl03
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Actually, cutting your hair can actually help your hair grow. So I just contradicted myself, lol.
mypaperheart
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it varies from person to person. Try looking at this thread, if you haven't already http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=188912
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guitargirl03)
Actually, cutting your hair can actually help your hair grow. So I just contradicted myself, lol.
Depends. So long as it's just the very tips, then it helps to encourage growth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads