The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I know they are self obsessed... but me.... i am sometimes.... but now i am losing weight rapidly and i am not on a diet and i am not seeing what i am doing to lose weight so people should be themselves.... in a person's eye one might see the devil but through anothers there is an angel
Reply 41
Anonymous
Inspired by that stomach-measurement thread I went on that website where you calculate BMI, waist measurement etc etc.

And was horrified when it told me I should lose 10 pounds even though I'm in the healthy weight range :eek: :frown: :frown: :frown: :mad: :mad:

And was suicidal when my mum told me she completely agrees! :mad: :mad: :mad: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

I don't consider myself particularly overweight...I'm 17, 5"5 and just under 10 stone - is this too fat for a girl my age and height?

I actually want to die now - how the hell am I gonna lose 10 pounds? :frown:

Hey stop worrying! I am 5'6 and I range from just under 10 stone to just above, but usually am about 10 stone on average. I am not fat at all. My family are quite big boned (and I'm not using that as an euphemism for 'fat') I have always been heavy even though I am not overweight. If I was 7-8 stone I think I would be anorexic as I don't really have much fat on me at the moment, apart from my thighs dammit! If you want to tone up, by all means do regular exercise to make you toned but apart from that, don't worry because it really doesn't sound like you are fat at all, losing 10 pounds sounds a bit excessive too, stop worrying!
Reply 42
Anonymous
Inspired by that stomach-measurement thread I went on that website where you calculate BMI, waist measurement etc etc.

And was horrified when it told me I should lose 10 pounds even though I'm in the healthy weight range :eek: :frown: :frown: :frown: :mad: :mad:

And was suicidal when my mum told me she completely agrees! :mad: :mad: :mad: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

I don't consider myself particularly overweight...I'm 17, 5"5 and just under 10 stone - is this too fat for a girl my age and height?

I actually want to die now - how the hell am I gonna lose 10 pounds? :frown:

sorry but how much is 5"5 in centimeter? and 10 stone in kilograms? or how much pounds are 10 stone? :redface:

anyway i don't really know how you look but if you were happy about your weight before you went on that site then you shouldn't care about it. and you are in the healthy weight range. what they consider normal might not fit you. we are all built differently and to generalise like that can sometimes be bad. however some of the things are good to follow, (beeing obese or very overweight can damage your heart and so ) eg. BMI over 35 is bad.

as for your mum, i know the feeling.:frown: i know it sounds difficult but try to ignore her, if you are happy with yourself and how you look then you shouldn't care.
i just calculated your weight on a BMI thing (government one) and it says you're in the normal range!

Latest