Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else find that its really hard to find clothes that fit properly. My bust makes me a size 6, my waist makes me a 12 and my hips make me a size 8. I think its because i have a boyish figure so have no waist and slim hips, but sometimes i buy size 6 and sometimes 12. its so annoying because it means i cant buy anything online

Not quite the same but in some shops I'm in between sizes 4 and 5 for shoes and most don't do half-sizes anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Its very annoying! My waist is a size 8 but my hips are a size 12 thus I have to buy size 12 tops, which means they don't fit great! and just to annoy me that little bit more I have to buy size 14 for trousers! argh! I hate it, I plan to become a gym addict again....

ReputationRep:
    i hate it when things like that happen! i seem to find in alot of places that a size 8 is to small and a 10 is to big (for tops) and for trousers i find a 10 is to small and a 12 is to big!

ReputationRep:
    yeaa its so irratating, some shops im 6, others im 8, but most im in between and cant get something to fit nicely. its a shame they cant just have a 7 lol:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in-between bra sizes!! So irritating! There's nothing I can do about it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belle_27)
    Its very annoying! My waist is a size 8 but my hips are a size 12 thus I have to buy size 12 tops, which means they don't fit great! and just to annoy me that little bit more I have to buy size 14 for trousers! argh! I hate it, I plan to become a gym addict again....
    im the same ... i also find it hard to wear a dress coz i feel that u can really notice it more.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the other way round - big bust so it's really difficult finding dresses etc that fit everywhere. If it wasn't for my chest I would be a size 10 everywhere. I also have a slimish back, but in order to get things to do up, I usually have to go up to a 14 on top - silly really as my bra back measurement is only 30.

ReputationRep:
    It's so damn annyoing! I find that I can never find trousers or jeans that fit - I need to buy 12 for my waist but then they are always loose on my bum and thighs.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Creative02
    im the same ... i also find it hard to wear a dress coz i feel that u can really notice it more.
    Same! I hate it, makes me feel really insecure with dresses

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean about the disproportions, mine are a bit different though - size 6-8 chest and waist, size 8-10 hips and size 10 bum and legs :rolleyes: It's so hard finding clothes that fit!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I have a small waist but MASSIVE hips and ass!

So pants that fit my waist wont go over my hips, and pants that do go over my hips are baggy around the waist.. if I buy low slung jeans that fit my hips the legs are like clown pants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by make mine a hot chocolate)
    I'm in-between bra sizes!! So irritating! There's nothing I can do about it!!
    i think it's sloggi in america do half cup sizes [well a company who i think is them were advertising them on TV when i was in boston in the summer]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Savage Noodles)
    Yep I have a small waist but MASSIVE hips and ass!

So pants that fit my waist wont go over my hips, and pants that do go over my hips are baggy around the waist.. if I buy low slung jeans that fit my hips the legs are like clown pants!
    i find when u buy the low rise jeans my hips then hang over and it looks like ive bought a size too small lol so i jus stick to high rise... hoping no one notices neways

ReputationRep:
    it means i can buy size 6 jeans if they sit at the hip but if you're meant to wear them higher up, i have to get a size 10/12

ReputationRep:
    Being in-between sizes is the story of my life!!! I can never be the 'right' size...I'm always smack in the middle! It doesn't bother me too much with tops, but with trousers it's a mare! They're either too tight that I can't get them over my hips, or fit me fine at the hips but give me a saggy bum! Very annoying!

ReputationRep:
    My huge thighs and bum make a size 12 on the bottom half, my waist is a 10 (which is nice, I don't mind that!) and my tiny boobs make it impossible for me to wear any tops which involve straps...they just slip down. It's not fair because I'm completely out of proportion.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.