My m8s modded Golf MK4, sooo jealous!! Watch

Navajo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Well my mate has a Golf Mk4 its a 1.6. And last year he got 18" alloys for it and it was wicked looking. Now he's gone one step further and put on an R32 kit and added Milltek Exhaust and it looks and sounds so cool.

I'm so jealous atm I want one

Its the middle black one in the photos:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/3/485...st.aspx#485703

What does everyone think of it?

The silver Golf btw is a diesel and its been remapped 3 times and produces 230bhp and 504 torque. And having been in it, it's so fast its unbelievable
Cortez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I prefer the left black one tbh.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not bad at all. Love the mk4 golfs, especially the 25th aniversary Gti's Looks good with the 18's
Sweyn Forkbeard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was expecting a Chavmobile, but those cars look pretty nice. I hope you don't have those blue lights which glow under the car.
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
"Re: Meet - february"

I count three golfs........................... ..
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cortez)
I prefer the left black one tbh.
Me too. The crappy 16v badge makes it look like a paxo vts.
Navajo
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Jax_)
"Re: Meet - february"

I count three golfs........................... ..
I count 5 :confused:

He was debating whether to put on the 16V badge, but he decided to because he didn't want to brand the car as an R32 because its a 1.6.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Navajo)
Well my mate has a Golf Mk4 its a 1.6. And last year he got 18" alloys for it and it was wicked looking. Now he's gone one step further and put on an R32 kit and added Milltek Exhaust and it looks and sounds so cool.

I'm so jealous atm I want one

Its the middle black one in the photos:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/3/485...st.aspx#485703

What does everyone think of it?

The silver Golf btw is a diesel and its been remapped 3 times and produces 230bhp and 504 torque. And having been in it, it's so fast its unbelievable
All I can say is your mate is a complete fool - what's the point in kitting out an ordinary car to make it look like it's all rude and capable of going fast as opposed to spending that money on getting the car tuned to go faster, or selling the car and use that money as well as the money he has spent on 'doing up' the car on a better car? That would make sense to me.
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Angel Interceptor)
All I can say is your mate is a complete fool - what's the point in kitting out an ordinary car to make it look like it's all rude and capable of going fast as opposed to spending that money on getting the car tuned to go faster, or selling the car and use that money as well as the money he has spent on 'doing up' the car on a better car? That would make sense to me.
Makes more sense to you yes but to him well he can do what he wants. Look at it this way he could have put a **** ugly samuria aftermarket bodykit on it but he went with a kit within the manufacturers range. That to me makes more sense, like putting angel eyes on a e30, rather than on a nova which is just pointless and stupid.
Navajo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angel Interceptor)
Simply because he's 18 and if he had anything over a 1.6 then he wouldn't be able to afford the insurance. It's already at about £1700 and getting a 'real' R32 would push it over the £3000 mark.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Navajo)
Simply because he's 18 and if he had anything over a 1.6 then he wouldn't be able to afford the insurance. It's already at about £1700 and getting a 'real' R32 would push it over the £3000 mark.
I forgot to take insurance into account. I guess you have a point, as does Jax - it's at least a nice subtle kit, as opposed to something outlandish and OTT.
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Did he use enlargement tools?
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)
Did he use enlargement tools?
To enlarge what his penis?
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by _Jax_)
To enlarge what his penis?
Well, yeah.
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Since I have no idea what you are on about here is a quote from Fawlty towers.

Basil Fawlty: (indicating Sybil) This, Basil's wife.
(points to self)
Basil Fawlty: This, Basil. This, smack on head.
(smacks Manuel on the head)
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by _Jax_)
Since I have no idea what you are on about here is a quote from Fawlty towers.

Basil Fawlty: (indicating Sybil) This, Basil's wife.
(points to self)
Basil Fawlty: This, Basil. This, smack on head.
(smacks Manuel on the head)
The game is up!

What?!

Game! Some game pie! Up there!

Pretentious, moi?! Ho ho ho.
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ho ho so I see it was a over elaborate jibe about compensating for his manhood oh well what a clever jape indeed. I had already considered this avenue of comedy but dismissed it, and rather thought you were referring to the enlargement of the bore of the engine, and had mistakenly said enlargement tools rather than the correct terminology. This is due to my performing of maintenance all day on my automobile and so i am rather preoccupied with things of a mechanical nature.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The nicest car there is the silver Anniversary with just the RS4's on and having been lowered 30mm. Still too dear IMO with 52 plates going for 13k still.

The black one is ugly. Why oh why did he do that to a nice looking car??? A 16v badge in a GTI Anniversary - what the hell is he thinking??? And changing the lid is also an awful thing to do.

Get it put back to standard - or better still - sell me the car as he won't get as much for it now, and Ii'll do the world a favour and put it standard again. (maybe with some rs4's on though :p:)
Leigh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Modding cars isn't my thing at all, but I was pleased to see they are tastefully done; I can appreciate subtle modifications like that more than pieces of plastic superglued to 15 year old cars and some amazing new spoiler technologies that actually have an effect on the downforce of a car that can only travel at 60 miles an hour!

Props to him for not going overkill, even if I can't comment on anything else!
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
The nicest car there is the silver Anniversary with just the RS4's on and having been lowered 30mm. Still too dear IMO with 52 plates going for 13k still.
The nicest car there is the Jag XJS thats in one of the photos...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1366)
79.74%
Leave (347)
20.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed