Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So. Every now and then, me and my girlfriend go out for a meal. What if we wanted to eat a curry, what would we do? How about if we wanted some sushi? Or some Thai food? What about a Chinese? What about some Turkish cuisine? Or some Vietnamese food?

What do you think of our desire to be able to sample these various cuisines, in Britain?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    On this topic, I got some amusing neg rep telling me to "wake up and smell the curry". (Worth 0 btw, from that chump BNP thing Zazkak or whatever it's called). Good question though.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine they'll tell you that you've been CORRUPTED BY THE FORCES OF MULTICULTURALISM and that it's the MARXIST LABOUR GOVERNMENT'S POSITIVE DISCRIMINATION that has hidden the CLEAR FACT THAT SUNDAY ROASTS ARE A SUPERIOR FORM OF FOOD to the WAVES OF FOREIGN IMPORTS PUSHING OUR HONEST BRITISH FOOD OFF THE MARKET

ReputationRep:
    The BNP are campaigning against curry now are they?

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked their website and I can't see anything about this. Could the OP provide a source, or is he implying that ending immigration and renationalising industry would mean closing all takeaways?

ReputationRep:
    He's asking for an opinion, not commenting on one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinm)
    He's asking for an opinion, not commenting on one.
    Ah. For a moment there I thought he was just trying to stir up trouble. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Or trying to assess the consistency of a viewpoint. God forbid that he "stir up trouble" on the debate forum of an internet message forum.

ReputationRep:
    Or trying to assess the consistency of a viewpoint. God forbid that he "stir up trouble" on the debate forum of an internet message forum.
    There's a difference between looking for a debate and looking for a brawl.

ReputationRep:
    One can happen on the internet while the other can't?

ReputationRep:
    One can happen on the internet while the other can't?
    It can. It's usually referred to as flaming or trolling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Or did you mean debate?

ReputationRep:
    I say to counter attack the BNP supporters on here we make a 'long live curry society.' :eating:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhoza)
    I say to counter attack the BNP supporters on here we make a 'long live curry society.' :eating:
    I Agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    It can. It's usually referred to as flaming or trolling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Or did you mean debate?
    Next time I get into a "brawl" I doubt it'll involve people saying mean things to each other. Did you mean an argument?

ReputationRep:
    Next time I get into a "brawl" I doubt it'll involve people saying mean things to each other. Did you mean an argument?
    It's plainly obvious what I meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHHISSHH)
    So. Every now and then, me and my girlfriend go out for a meal. What if we wanted to eat a curry, what would we do? How about if we wanted some sushi? Or some Thai food? What about a Chinese? What about some Turkish cuisine? Or some Vietnamese food?

What do you think of our desire to be able to sample these various cuisines, in Britain?

Thanks.
    First, the BNP does not have a policy of compulsory repatriation. Second, voting BNP doesn't preclude one from indulging in and enjoying foreign cuisine. Third, even if the BNP did have a policy of compulsory repatriation, White British people would be more than able to prepare and sell, say, curry in quite the same way that people in Pakistan could prepare and sell fish and chips if they so wished.

Just out of interest, when you go for your curry, do you make sure that the restaurant does not serve halal meat? Or do you enjoy eating meat from an animal that had its throat slit while fully conscious?

ReputationRep:
    If only that same fate would come to the BNP supporters crawling over this place.

To whoever gave me negative rep, no I'm not racist, I just wish that you fanatics would go and die somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    They would probably say your making a mistake, similar to the mistake they made at christmas when they ordered a DJ for their party and he turned out to be black

ReputationRep:
    Do people who actually make this food actually have to be from that culture? Can a British Person not make a chinese dish?

BNP, well the majority of them suck -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhoza)
    Long live curry:rock:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.