The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

DENY. I actually don't mind walkers roast chicken and Nandos crisps are pretty good too! And I'm fussy when it comes to crisps!

CONFIRM OR DENY:
I should make rice crispy cakes more, they were so good when I was young
Reply 1541
Deny, as I know they're not neeeeearly as good, but the premade bars and squares exist these days and homemade just doesn't offer enough plus points bar spoon lickage to warrant effort!

CONFIRM OR DENY: PEOPLE REFUSE TO BUY. "NAFF" GRUB LIKE CRISPY PANCAKES BUT SECRETLY LOVE EM
Confirm! We all secretly love those 'foods made of rubbish', even the health freaks, there's something oddly satisfying about them!

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Oysters are massively overrated and are actually a tad icky.
Reply 1543
CONFIRM. "Tastes of the ocean and feels like a snotter." Mmm.

CONFIRM OR DENY: SOMETIMES YOU WANT TO SLAP THE IGNORANT FACES OF THESUSHI HATERS THAT HATE IT BECAUSE "EW RAW FISH!"
Con 2tha firm. Just try it, you'll convert! I did exactly this with my sister and she is now a sushi fan! Sushi lovers 1
Sushi haters 0
HA.

Confirm or deny:
I spend far too much money on chewing gum, but by god it's worth it :biggrin:
Confirm.

Confirm or deny:

When it comes to chewing gum, spearmint is gods own brand. YUM!
Reply 1546
DENY; I feel it's just too "soft and gentle" a minty flavour for me.

CONFIRM OR DENY: IF YOU CONSIDER THE COMPOSITIONS OF ACTUAL EXISTING PUDDINGS, THE BATTERED MARS BAR IS NOT ACTUALLY THAT OUTLANDISH
Deny. I get what you're saying, it's chocolate, caramel, batter..but I can't think of a pudding that is those things. It's the batter and the sweet chocolate combo I think.

Confirm or deny: Sometimes you buy food that's on offer, even if you don't usually eat it, just because it's on offer
Reply 1548
CONFIRM. Typically applies to dry goods that just get left in the cupboard for ages.

C/D IF YOU REMEMBER CHEESEY NIK NAKS
Reply 1549
CONFIRM. And much creamier and tastier than cheetos might I add!!

CONFIRM OR DENY: WHEN A RED AND GREEN VERSION OF A FRUIT OF VEG EXISTS, THE RED ONE IS ALWAYS SUPERIOR
CONFIRM. Red peppers are a perfect example of this. And Red cabbage.

Confirm or deny: Coke/pepsi max is improved by adding Cherry
Deny: i prefer lime if I'm adding anything to Coke or pepsi max.

Confirm or Deny: You hate food shopping as while there's loads to buy, your set budget means that you'll have to say no to a lot of things and it's just hard to choose what to get.
DENY. I love food shopping, I've been known to actually spend an hour in Tescos when I only need a few things. I love browsing the aisles and seeing all the new editions on offer.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Waffles are more for desserts than breakfast
Confirm. Just that little bit TOO sweet for breakfast, and not really full of enough of the "good stuff" to get you going through a mornings work. Except on Sunday, Sunday is like the breakfast day of fun stuff like waffles and pancakes. I like Sundays.

Confirm or deny: Peanuts go better with caramel than chocolate does
Confirm, peanut brittle is amazing. And though PB Cups are amazing too, it's not actual peanuts really so confirm.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Though I prefer fish to chicken, chicken nuggets are better than scampi
CONFIRM. Chicken in my view, is improved by breading/batter..fish, should be left well alone!

C/D: Smart Price sausage rolls are genuinely amazing
CONFIRM. Sausage rolls are good alone, smart price ones are even better because they have BARGAIN factor.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
I rarely have lemonade but when I do I really enjoy it
Reply 1557
CONFIRM. I never buy it but do like it.

C/D: Spring rolls are horrible.
Deny. I'm weak for Chinese starters, that includes these. Though I don't rate cheap "microwavable" ones. They have to be fresh, hot and crispy.

C/D: I never buy turkey mince, I wouldn't even know what to do with it..
CONFIRM. It's all about beef mince if I'm buying mince. It's just...right.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
I've always wondered why mincemeat (the kind in mince pies) is called mincemeat. It's so confusing when its actually a sweet fruit thing!

Quick Reply

Latest