Turn on thread page Beta

I want Facebook watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There's that crazy myspace thing called Facebook that some unis are signed up to, and I really really want to have it, no reason why I want it so much but it's a form of procrastination that I'd like to have. Does anyone know a way of getting a fake e-mail address to sign up to facebook with. I sent a message to facebook to get Kingston hooked up, but in those three months, nothing has happened.

ReputationRep:
    I want Cardiff and Birmingham to get Facebook so it looks like I have more friends.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Bath Spa and Plymouth.

ReputationRep:
    It's really not that much fun. Random people add you because of your picture, and acquaintances and some friends add you.

Facebook is kind of crappy and incredibly boring to be honest, same with myspace. And it's made by Harvard, and we all know the Crimsons suck. (Go Yalies!)

ReputationRep:
    Random people don't add me...

I think I do actually know everyone on my Facebook...

ReputationRep:
    From the 70 people on my buddy list from the other universities, 25 added me because of my picture so I technically don't know them.

From the people on my buddy list from my university, I'd say many of them just spoke to me a few times.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my buddies at other universities are people I went to school or 6th form with, and the overwhelming majority of my Bristol friends are in my hall, on my course, or involved with various music societies. A few are people I've met through friends, such as my future housemate, and my best friend's flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    What's kind of funny is that my own roommate doesn't even have facebook and doesn't want an account either, and neither do my best friends from back home. My girlfriend isn't on facebook, and my future roommates don't have facebook. So the question is, who the hell is on my facebook?

And to answer this question with anecdotes: A random guy from another university added me to facebook and then subsequently messaged me. I thought he was homosexual, but his profile told me nothing. I spoke to this girl in my course ONCE, and she adds me. Meanwhile I had totally forgotten her name.

ReputationRep:
    No point getting a fake email address really- is your uni isn't signed up to it, then its even more pointless than it already is!

If you want kingston on it, then loads of other people from your uni will have to request it

ReputationRep:
    I want Exeter to have facebook so then I can have 2 accounts

ReputationRep:
    I tend to only add people that are actually freinds, rather than people i've seen...

But i've had a few people add me, as long as i've had a conversation with them i'll accept.

ReputationRep:
    It's good for about a week.

Then it gets a bit boring.

So all in all it's not worth bothering!

(Although it does mean that you can see what certain TSR members look like in real life...)

ReputationRep:
    I've got a friend at Oxford who's addicted to it. Apparently Facebook is a revolution there.

ReputationRep:
    We have a facebook SONG, which now has a video.

www.fbsong.com

Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    yeh i want to go on but newcastle aint signed up

ReputationRep:
    It's quite fun being nosey and finding out about people on your course. There are over 100 people in my halls signed up and over 200 UCL lawyers on there so I guess the more people you know are on there the more fun it is.

I just uploaded a photo album on there

ReputationRep:
    it's a revolution at LSE as well. everybody has it.

oh my god, helenia, that song is amazing, i'm going to spread the word...on the facebook!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.