The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Alias667
i dont understand how they can take so long, if they've finished considering all the other applications the admissions people cant really have anything to do other than chill out and pick their bums ?

:rofl:

Most won't take that long, but they like to give themselves the space. :smile:
I don't like waiting this time, the first time it was just about bearable but this time, cause you have to keep applying (or I aim to if I fail miserably the first time) then time really matters!
Reply 62
What do i say when i ring the admissions tutor??

Is it rude to ask if its likely i will be offered a place and what the grades might be??

thanks
I spoke to the History Admissions Tutor , at MMU, today as I looked round. He said my grades were good and he rather people see him/ make the effort to call him as he likes to know people are enthusiastic to start. He said its different than just seeing a name written on a bit of paper. Call them up and tell them how keen you are, ask how long it takes them to come to their decisions.

EL
Reply 64
Is there any way of seeing what courses are on extra without declining your current ones. I'm considering a different course and I would prefer to see what's on offer than make a rash decision.
Reply 65
Root
Is there any way of seeing what courses are on extra without declining your current ones. I'm considering a different course and I would prefer to see what's on offer than make a rash decision.

Yes. Go to the UCAS site (clear your cookies before if you're really scared, although there's no need to!) and pick course search. Then, pick the subject or uni and make sure you tick the "extra courses only" box near the bottom. Stand up and turn around 3 times*, and there you are!

* May work if you don't, but this is not guaranteed.
Reply 66
there all still quite a number of wrongly advertised extra courses....

Latest

Trending

Trending