Turn on thread page Beta

Women's Shoe Shops-Size 9 and Upwards-A guide watch

ReputationRep:
    FAO girls with big feet (UK size 9 and upwards)

I think it would be helpful to build a list of shops and online shops that sell large size shoes....

Here are my personal favourites:

Barrats - http://www.tall-small.comGood selection, good prices, fashionable, just had a few problems with delivery both online and in store. Sizes 9 and 10
    Evans - http://www.evans.ltd.ukOK selection - some of the quality's a bit poor, but good 'feel-good' factor as their shoes are generally a size smaller than elsewhere!
    Next - http://www.next.co.uk They do up to a 43, which is roughly a 9 and a half. Good prices, fashionable styles, not specifically names 'large' section, so good for the 'normal' feeling!
    Tall Girls http://www.tallgirls.co.uk Up to a 12 in some styles, a bit expensive, but if you're over a 10 then one of your only options, I've been disappointed with the quality.
    Faith http://www.faith.co.uk If you are a size 9, your best option! Beautiful shoes, worth paying a bit extra for.
    Topshop - They have recently started doing some stuff up to a size 9, but it's a very limited selection (ballet pumps mainly) and only available in flagship stores.

There are other shops;
    Cinderella shoes - http://www.cinderellashoes.ie
    Elephant Feet http://www.elephantfeet.com
    Taillisime @ La Redoute http://www.redoute.co.uk
    Steptall http://www.steptall.com

Generally, these do the larger sizes (9-12) at least, but they are more expensive and sometimes a little 'granny-ish'!

I hope that helps some people. I know how hard it is to find decent shoes. Things have got a bit better in recent years, but not much. I guess we'll be waiting a while before we can buy shoes to match an outfit and not an outfit to match our shoes!

If anyone has any more suggestions, feel free to share them

Thanks to tritogeneia1 for these:
    Clarks
    Magnus
    Long Tall Sally
    Crispins'

ReputationRep:
    topshop's size "9" is only a 42. which is actually a size 8... as size 41 is a 7

ReputationRep:
    It says 9 on the hanger...

However, I'll take your word for it. Topshop is only reccomended if you're a size 9 and don't mind a bit of a squeeze! (I take a 10 and have a pair of size "9" Topshop pumps:eek: which is apparantly only an 8)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lazza)
    topshop's size "9" is only a 42. which is actually a size 8... as size 41 is a 7
    Some shops class 41 as an 8 though, as the continental sizings go a bit weird around there

ReputationRep:
    yeah, faith office and topshop- which are all the same shoe makers [a friend of mine works at office]

nine west and "real" shoe shops are 42

[i say this as im probably just in denial. shoe shopping makes me cry]

ReputationRep:
    I think a 42 is about an 8 and a half, a 43, a 9 and a half, 44, a ten and a half etc.etc.

Personally, I take
    Baratts size 10
    Evans size 9
    Next 43
    Tall Girls size 10

I also managed to get into size 42 leather ballet pumps I bought abroad, which were pretty much glued to my feet all last summer!

I think the thing is to try them on, evidently not easy when its mail order, and you live abroad...hence why I have not had Faith shoes yet.

Incidentally, I wrote to Faith asking why they only did up to a nine, and got told because there was not the demand to go higher...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    From what I was told, 39 is a 6, 40 is 6.5 and 41 is 7. But, before 39 the numbers increase together (ie 38 is 5, 37 is 4) so shops often just continue that pattern.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for these! My feet are size ten.

ReputationRep:
    My feet are size 9 - 8 if im lucky I wish I had small feet but then I expect I woulden't be in proportion!

ReputationRep:
    the cheap shop Shoe Zone does size 9 shoes but i got them the other day and the seriously KILLED my feet so wouldnt really recommend them

(Original post by beth...)
    the cheap shop Shoe Zone does size 9 shoes but i got them the other day and the seriously KILLED my feet so wouldnt really recommend them
    I know this is soo not relevant but my 17 year old friend is a size 3:eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    last time i searched on google for size8+ womens sizes i ended up with loads of ****** sites...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)
    Thanks so much for these! My feet are size ten.
    Im the same! 9/10..(and im called Hannah..O.o) Its so depressing to see so many cute shoes around but there never in my size. I mostly buy from evans.. But would love more variety. thanks for the links

Tallgirls has no - in it btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Tallgirls has no - in it btw.
    Oops, thank you for pointing that out!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Brantano are also good for larger shoes

ReputationRep:
    does anyone hate there big feet on here when you have those days when you get loads of people trip over them etc even though im a size 8/9 its really horrible!

ReputationRep:
    Brantano are good, thats where I got my school shoes from back in the day Heh. Yeah Im always tripping over things because of them! Usually steps.

ReputationRep:
    i just hate having big feet becuase i can't wear shoes except trainers without them hurting :'(

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find that some places expect you to have huge feet all oover when you're more than an 8? I can't do Evans because they assume your feet are wide, whereas mine are actually quite slender and small everywhere except in length! I also hate it when shops only do flat styles in larger sizes; they apparently assume that if you are more than an 8 you are tall (fair enough) and that if you are tall you don't want to wear heels (WRONG!!) Grrrrrrrr I hate shoe shops sometimes!! Well, all the time actually. except the few lovely ones that do my size. What I relaly hate is not being able to just buy cheap fashion shoes on a whim; I almost always have to buy them from more expensive shops and then you can't just gte one season fashion ones because you need your money's worth. And I can never find pretty feminine flip-flops! Does anyone kwno where to get cheap flip-flops that aren't men's? Also cheapish ballet flats?

Oh, to add to the list above:
    Ellie Dickins in Hungerford - a bit expensive but they're really worth it if you're looking for a basic style that'll last; they also do more than just granny styles, though it's a bit difficult to get to.
    Clarks do up to a size 9 which I fit into (I'm a nine and a half) but tend, as ever, to do only a limited range mostly consisting of flat granny shoes.)
    Long Tall Sally now does shoes, but they seem a bit expensive.
    Magnus do standard, reasonably fashionable shoes at 'normal' prices.
    Crispin's do lovely shoes if you work in an investment bank - ie lovely but mostly quite formal and pricey.

Major thanks to the thread starter! I'll rep you when it lets me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tritogeneia1)
    Does anyone else find that some places expect you to have huge feet all oover when you're more than an 8? I can't do Evans because they assume your feet are wide, whereas mine are actually quite slender and small everywhere except in length! I also hate it when shops only do flat styles in larger sizes; they apparently assume that if you are more than an 8 you are tall (fair enough) and that if you are tall you don't want to wear heels (WRONG!!) Grrrrrrrr I hate shoe shops sometimes!! Well, all the time actually. except the few lovely ones that do my size. What I relaly hate is not being able to just buy cheap fashion shoes on a whim; I almost always have to buy them from more expensive shops and then you can't just gte one season fashion ones because you need your money's worth. And I can never find pretty feminine flip-flops! Does anyone kwno where to get cheap flip-flops that aren't men's? Also cheapish ballet flats?
    I know what you mean, I am tall but still love to buy heels. I wish I could get cheapish shoes like that but its so annoying. I buy my flip flops mainly from surfer shops as there women styles usually go up to 9/10 and there not to badly priced ansd good wearing.. But ballet pumps I have no idea!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.