The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by anjelofernando

I.ve attached a Revision notes set i found online was very useful
but it has Unit 4 and Unit 5

Wow. These are awesome (: U made these
hey guys ,

can someone help me with q6i from the jan 2010 paper? I keep getting the wrong answer, the right answer is B.

Thanks!
Reply 142
Do we need to know quark composition of different hadrons and leptons???
Any predictions from tomorrow?

Do they ask one set of questions more in each session? Last time was almost all theory, so should we expect all calculations now? O.o
Original post by Alexok
All need to know is that a neutrino has no charge. Anythig with a *blablabla neutrino* has no charge so will not show a path in a bubble chamber etc

And also remember antielectron neutrinos are emitted in beta minus decay to conserve lepton number, I think :tongue:

Could anyone explain question 5 from june 11? it's about two coils, coil X has 1000 turns and cross sectional area of 10cm^2, and has a current generating a magnetic field of 0.002 T. Coil Y looks as if it's inside it, coil Y has 50 turns and a cross sectional area of 4cm^2, what's the flux linkage with coil Y? apparently it's 4x10^-5Wb?
I just can't get my head around it :frown: = BAN right? D: Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 145
Original post by simransanghera
hey guys ,

can someone help me with q6i from the jan 2010 paper? I keep getting the wrong answer, the right answer is B.

Thanks!

Hey,
u gotta use the formula K.E= eV

so, 1/2mv^2= electron charge x Voltage

Its on page 82 of the A2 physics book
hope it helps :smile:
What do we need to know about transformers? I can't find any notes on it, could some go over it quickly?
Reply 147
Epic Video on Transformers - this guy explains it really well and how it links with electromagnetic induction .. http://youtu.be/4aYhAbzSwvs
Reply 148
And by the way guys I don't know why people keep talking about momentum in 3D, you don't need to know about it for this exam. I doubt we'll see a momentum question harder than the one at the end of Jan 2012 anyway..
i done physics 4 and like lzyastra there is no momentum in 3D
unless you are signifying something else
Original post by lzyastra
Epic Video on Transformers - this guy explains it really well and how it links with electromagnetic induction .. http://youtu.be/4aYhAbzSwvs

This guy is awesome! Thanks!
Original post by yazdan
Hey,
u gotta use the formula K.E= eV

so, 1/2mv^2= electron charge x Voltage

Its on page 82 of the A2 physics book
hope it helps :smile:

Thanks! That worked! I can't believe I didnt know how to do that =/
Original post by TenaciousMonkey
What do we need to know about transformers? I can't find any notes on it, could some go over it quickly?

I've attached some notes and the last page has something about Transformers. Hope it helps!
how do you do question 16 (b) ii,iii, iv...june 2011
does anyone understand q 15d(i) of jan 2010? The mark scheme makes no sense once again >.<

Thanks
Original post by simransanghera
does anyone understand q 15d(i) of jan 2010? The mark scheme makes no sense once again >.<

Thanks

we worked out momentum before in a (ii),
since momentum = mass x velocity,
divide momentum by the mass to get the speed
Original post by Killerstorm2
we worked out momentum before in a (ii),
since momentum = mass x velocity,
divide momentum by the mass to get the speed

Thank you!

I would help on your q16 from June 2011 but i can't do it either! sorry!

All i Know is that the 'E's mean x10 power.
Reply 157
Anyone know how to do Q6(i) on Jan 10 paper?

An electron gun uses a pd to accelerate electrons from rest to speed of 2x10^7ms
The pd is:

B) 1140V

How do you work it out?!
Original post by Jess!ca
Anyone know how to do Q6(i) on Jan 10 paper?

An electron gun uses a pd to accelerate electrons from rest to speed of 2x10^7ms
The pd is:

B) 1140V

How do you work it out?!

The energy that the electron gain (E=QV) is converted into KE..
So, QV = 0.5m v^2 , we know "v (speed)", "m" and "Q", so rearrange and get "V (P.D)"
Reply 159
Original post by savouryjesus
And also remember antielectron neutrinos are emitted in beta minus decay to conserve lepton number, I think :tongue:

Could anyone explain question 5 from june 11? it's about two coils, coil X has 1000 turns and cross sectional area of 10cm^2, and has a current generating a magnetic field of 0.002 T. Coil Y looks as if it's inside it, coil Y has 50 turns and a cross sectional area of 4cm^2, what's the flux linkage with coil Y? apparently it's 4x10^-5Wb?
I just can't get my head around it :frown: = BAN right? D: Thanks

Use that equation, but ignore the coil on the outside as it would have no effect on the flux linkage of the coil on the inside. I think if you come to terms with what flux linkage actually is these questions are a lot simpler.

Latest

Trending

Trending