Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Yeah, a major retailer is going to sell fake goods arn't they and get away with it? They're selling fake nike shirts but nike don't care.:rolleyes:
    lol, good point :yy: Silly me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    Did you have to start at ridiculous times in the morning? We started at 9am on Sundays and we didn't open until 10:30! The staff at my old store were the least chavvy people I've ever met - they were all indie kids and genuinely nice people (with the exception of one of the supervisors). Did you have the horrible red polo shirts? I've still got loads of them!
    Yeah we always had to be there at random times to put stock out before the store opened, even though the rails were so full you couldn't even move round the store. Considering it's chav central you'd think they'd make the "aisles" if you can call them aisles a bit wider so the pushchairs can fit

Our manager was clueless the supervisors were just horrible and the girls were the *****iest I'd ever met. Two of them purposely got a new girl sacked cos they she was prettier than them!

I didn't mind the polo shirts, it was the tracksuit bottoms that got me!

I also hated the way they kept you there after the store had closed just to tidy up even though theres millions of staff and nothing to do, you just wanna go home by the time you close at 8pm! And also searching you on the way out? That really took the biscuit. Why employ you if they don't trust you not to steal every shift you work! It's not like they even just check bags, it's rolling your tracky bottoms up and shaking your polo shirt in case anything falls out!

ReputationRep:
    ive only really ever bought trainers and track suit bottoms from there for when i was doing p.e in secondary school as it was cheaper then all the other sports shops

ReputationRep:
    It's not bad at all - I needed some tracksuit bottoms for p.e. and picked some up for £10. I'm not exactly going to spend like 30 quid on something I wear once a week am I? I've bought tops from there to just lounge around in at home and I saw the cheap Converse too! I'll buy those in the summer - my last pair were £35 and here they're £17.99 or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vics)
    Yeah we always had to be there at random times to put stock out before the store opened, even though the rails were so full you couldn't even move round the store. Considering it's chav central you'd think they'd make the "aisles" if you can call them aisles a bit wider so the pushchairs can fit

Our manager was clueless the supervisors were just horrible and the girls were the *****iest I'd ever met. Two of them purposely got a new girl sacked cos they she was prettier than them!

I didn't mind the polo shirts, it was the tracksuit bottoms that got me!

I also hated the way they kept you there after the store had closed just to tidy up even though theres millions of staff and nothing to do, you just wanna go home by the time you close at 8pm! And also searching you on the way out? That really took the biscuit. Why employ you if they don't trust you not to steal every shift you work! It's not like they even just check bags, it's rolling your tracky bottoms up and shaking your polo shirt in case anything falls out!
    Which store was this? Jeez sounds a million miles from mine. The nasty supervisor picked on all the girls, shouted at me in front of customers, and made another girl cry.

We got our bags checked as well as ourselves, but as it was my first retail job I didn't think anything of it.

Pushchairs... The bain of my life. I was always being rammed by them, came home with bruises most days! I worked with the football and speciality sports stuff which was always entertaining as when we were quiet on Thursday nights we could get up to mischief. We played football (usually knocking all the boxes off the boot tables in the process), then there was cricket (broke too many lightbulbs to mention), and finally golf (one guy swung for the ball and put the club straight through the cardboard sign above him... Luckily the manager saw the funny side!)

Was yours a big store?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl afraid)
    It's the only sport shop I'll ever walk into, and I'm no chav...
    Ok now you are just ENBARRASSING yourself...

when you have been in their have you looked at the other shoppers and though....

'i dont thik i want to be in here?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrColin)

when you have been in their have you looked at the other shoppers and though....

Nope. Why would I give a toss? I'm there for items I'd pay ridiculous prices for elsewhere.

ReputationRep:

If that's how you feel don't go in there. Simple reallly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    If that's how you feel don't go in there. Simple reallly

I dont go I just find it amusing walking past the shop and looking in! it never fails to make me chuckle!

ReputationRep:

I go in there and I'm not embarrassed at all..ok, strange people might go in there, the aisles may be to cramped too closely together, they may be busy all the time and you have to queue for ages, but the clothes bought in Sports and Soccer are EXACTLY THE SAME as those in all the other shops - not fakes - at a fraction of the price!

I think it's sad that people refuse to go in a perfectly good shop just because they're afraid what others might think of them or call them a chav. Bit pathetic really :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It was the store in Newbury, It's not massive as in some of the stores I've seen but it's not small either. We did get our bags checked too in case I cam across wrong. And one of our supervisors was also just like yours. She made new staff quit she was so bad.

The other thing that annoyed me was that when I said I was leaving to go to uni, one of the girls who was so chavvy, but in the end we got on ok told me that uni was just for snobs! I really felt like saying it was just cos she was too thick to get a place!

ReputationRep:
    Worst of a bad bunch.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, when as serious into sport as you get is faffing about and having no coordination at a beginners' aerobics class, then Sport Soccor is good for cheap but decent tracksuit bottoms for the classes. Last time I checked my pencil skirts weren't suitable attire, so I'll shop there, even if it is 'chavvy'.

And Classism is still a disgusting ism, people.

ReputationRep:
    I dont go I just find it amusing walking past the shop and looking in! it never fails to make me chuckle!
    I think you're a bit of a joke.

ReputationRep:
    If that's how you choose to spend your spare time, it says a lot about you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the person who neg repped me on this thread which stated 'just for being a ****' Well I do try and do my best and please everyone. All in a days work I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vics)
    It was the store in Newbury, It's not massive as in some of the stores I've seen but it's not small either. We did get our bags checked too in case I cam across wrong. And one of our supervisors was also just like yours. She made new staff quit she was so bad.

The other thing that annoyed me was that when I said I was leaving to go to uni, one of the girls who was so chavvy, but in the end we got on ok told me that uni was just for snobs! I really felt like saying it was just cos she was too thick to get a place!
    Maybe you should've told her that! Most of the staff at my store (Norwich Castle Mall) were students, loads of us started at the beginning of the summer before our ALevels so we were in the same boat with exam stresses and uni etc. I think that girl was probbably just jealous of you because you've got prospects and she, as you said, didn't have the means to get that far herself.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt wear most of the stuff i bought there normally, but i do buy sports clothes to wear at the gym.. £2 for a decent enough tshirt is ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    Good place to get socks tbh.
    Oh god yeh!, If im going to shop for sports wear though i will usualy go to JJB, i was looking for some 3/4 lenght addidas trousers last year but all the siezes were like XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL lol, everything is so big in there size wise!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.