The Student Room Group

Internet costs if in a houseshare?

Hi, I'm just wondering, as I am entitled to internet costs, how will this be covered if I am in a house share with shared internet? All I do is give my housemate (who has his name on the internet) money when has to pay the internet bill.
Reply 1
I think the bill has to be in your name, but I might be wrong.
In a house share, you just pay your share of the bill. Simples. One person pays the full amount, and you pay them. It's cheaper the more people you have, and you normally get given a free wireless router normally
Reply 3
Original post by de_monies
In a house share, you just pay your share of the bill. Simples. One person pays the full amount, and you pay them. It's cheaper the more people you have, and you normally get given a free wireless router normally

The OP is referring to reimbursement of costs through Disabled Students Allowance (when the bill is in anothers' name).

I think the bill needs to be in your name, so try and get the account changed to your name and account if possible. If it is kept in your housemates' name then the funding body might still accept this, providing you are able to provide proof that you are living with this person (e.g. if you have a shared tennancy agreement, with your name on as well as your housemates', then provide them with a copy).
Reply 4
DSA will only pay for internet if the bill is in your name. Sometimes they also state the internet connection account must have been set-up after starting uni. Its all based on individual need so you must have a reason why you can't get to uni to use internet access there.

Quick Reply

Latest