University College Freiburg

Watch
This discussion is closed.
vakanuvis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone heard of this yet? Its the latest one of those LAS colleges popping up here and there in the EU; but its the first one in Germany. First students will start next October...

http://www.ucf.uni-freiburg.de/las
LadyBunion
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
very interesting course but hmmmm they seem to struggle with how English kids get their exam results!

the application dates are June 1st - July 15th - now basically - and the interviews are early August (very handy) - however the qualifications required / certificates etc have to be completed and available by July 15th..

Tricky with A level results not coming out until August 16th. Sound like something you can only apply to after a gap year but by that time (next summer) will probably have already got other things sorted out
ppapanastasiou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=vakanuvis;36742190]Anyone heard of this yet? Its the latest one of those LAS colleges popping up here and there in the EU; but its the first one in Germany. First students will start next October...

http://www.ucf.uni-freiburg.de/las[/QUOTE]

Freiburg is one of the most established and prestigious universities in Germany. It was founded in 1457 and is a member of the U15 which is equivalent to the Russell group in the UK.

This Liberal Arts and Sciences Program (LAS) offered by the university college Freiburg (UCF) operates under the umbrella of the university of Freiburg. I expect it to be challenging and rewarding.

My only concern is that it is not well established and it is a bit too broad in todays specialized world. It tries to resemble the liberal art degrees offered by liberal art colleges in North America, where one is offered a broad oriented curriculum.
alcibiade
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't tell you about the program, but the city is wonderful and the university is pretty good. I was a student there 78-79 and it was one of the great experiences of my life.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (83)
26.18%
England (108)
34.07%
Belgium (27)
8.52%
Germany (38)
11.99%
Spain (5)
1.58%