i think they've got foundation samples on the rimmel london website
chrissay88
i think they've got foundation samples on the rimmel london website

Cheers for that. I've just ordered some. :biggrin:
Reply 22
girl afraid
I don't even think she looks that good in that advert. :laugh:

:eek: Kate always looks awesome.

I really need to get some of this. I'm a total foundation whore because I'm virtually transparent.
Mellie

I bet she looks **** when she's just woke up with an alcohol and cocaine endued hangover.
Mellie

I really need to get some of this. I'm a total foundation whore because I'm virtually transparent.

Haha me too. I wish I wasn't so deathly pale. I now have orange face/white neck trouble though. This recovery stuff was quite good but I think a little goes a long way with it. Made me look a bit cakey when I first tried it but when I used less it was pretty good.
is it really shimmerly or is it natural enough to wear on a normal schoolday
alison_141288
is it really shimmerly or is it natural enough to wear on a normal schoolday

Don't think you'd get away with it at school love. :smile:
^^oh well. i guess i'll just stick with good old maybelline then
Reply 28
well it obviouly didn't make me look like Kate Moss but I thought it was quite nice, covered up blemishes well, gave my skin a unified texture so that was quite cool! however, it did look a little greasy but my skin is a bit crap anyway so that's probably why! just apply some powder on afterwards:redface:
I dont like the ones you get from the makeup aisle. I bought an almay one once and it was like paste, and i find it doesnt stay all day, so my face ends up patchy. my first foundation was lancome adaptive. Pricey, but worth the money you pay. Im on a No. 7 one at the moment, intelligent balance. Seems decent, half the price too. My friend seems to like rimmel though. It seems to make you look greasy, that new recover one though
I tried the sample in Elle magazine and I thought it was really really good. It smelt nice too. They also had an article about foundations that claim to be flawless and it did quite well on that. I generally hate foundation, but this has changed my mind.
Reply 31
r0manticide17
I bought an almay one once and it was like paste, and i find it doesnt stay all day, so my face ends up patchy.

That's funny, I bought the Almay Skin Smoothing foundation the other day because it was on offer at Boots and I think its fantastic. It suits my skin perfectly - not too drying, but not too greasy either.

I think the trick with foundation is to get the right one for you, no matter what the price. I've tried Clinique in the past and although I absolutely cannot be without their skincare range, I'm not a huge fan of their foundation. I've found that two brands suit me best for bases - L'Oreal and Almay.

To the OP (or anyone else wondering about foundation): the best way to find out what a foundation is like is to test it yourself. Everyone's skin is different, so what makes one person look greasy/patchy/unnatural won't necessarily do the same to you.

And for myself at least, a better version of the Rimmel Recovery foundation is L'Oreal Translucide. My skin has a tendency to look dead in the winter - I'm not pale, but I just look ill and Translucide manages to make me look healthy again without looking greasy! Its worth a try. You might also want to give Revlon Skinlights a go :smile:
amie
That's funny, I bought the Almay Skin Smoothing foundation the other day because it was on offer at Boots and I think its fantastic. It suits my skin perfectly - not too drying, but not too greasy either.

I think the trick with foundation is to get the right one for you, no matter what the price. I've tried Clinique in the past and although I absolutely cannot be without their skincare range, I'm not a huge fan of their foundation. I've found that two brands suit me best for bases - L'Oreal and Almay.

To the OP (or anyone else wondering about foundation): the best way to find out what a foundation is like is to test it yourself. Everyone's skin is different, so what makes one person look greasy/patchy/unnatural won't necessarily do the same to you.

And for myself at least, a better version of the Rimmel Recovery foundation is L'Oreal Translucide. My skin has a tendency to look dead in the winter - I'm not pale, but I just look ill and Translucide manages to make me look healthy again without looking greasy! Its worth a try. You might also want to give Revlon Skinlights a go :smile:

obviously thats true but it could get a little pricey lol. anyways, i might try that translucide so cheers

Latest