i was just wondering if i could have some advice from some people cos I'm a bit stuck at the moment. I have applied to do English next year. I've been rejected from Oxford and Durham and have 3 offers so far from manch, notts and birmingham. the thing is, im a bit of a loss as to where to go now. i know the 3 offers i have are really good and I'd probably have a great time there but im thinkng of withdrawing my application. I always wanted to go to Oxbridge so i just blindly worked towards that and enlgish was my best subject so i didnt even consider anything else. But now I'm taking five Alevels inc generals, and faced with a university course that im not really sure i want to do, at universities that i'm not sure about. Do you think its worth taking a year out to sort out what i want to do, or should i just go for one of the ones i have? It makes me cross that ive fallen into the stupid oxbridge trap because i know its not the be all and end all by any stretch, but not getting into the places i wanted makes me wonder what i want to do at all... hope tht makes sense!
Taking a gap year is a big decision, but going to a uni you dont really want to is a big mistake.
The big question is, would you still get into Oxbridge if you tried next year?
What would you do with your gap year?
Im worried that a Durham rejection on top of your Oxford Rejection, probably would mean a "no"