Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to work out the initial rate of reaction?? I know it is x/y but on a graph which is distance on the y axis and time on the x axis what would you do?? Is it for example 15mm / 30 seconds (thats my first time reading) OR do you just read off from the 30 seconds, go up to the point on the line of best fit and say that the initial rate of reaction is 15 seconds and you do not divide at all. I am so confused!!! Help cuz i need to make an initial rate of reaction graph!!!

ReputationRep:
    not really sure what you mean but for starters, have you got time on the x axis?
    I think you do just do x/y but i'm not sure.
    We never had to do an initial rate of reaction graph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz23)
    Does anyone know how to work out the initial rate of reaction?? I know it is x/y but on a graph which is distance on the y axis and time on the x axis what would you do?? Is it for example 15mm / 30 seconds (thats my first time reading) OR do you just read off from the 30 seconds, go up to the point on the line of best fit and say that the initial rate of reaction is 15 seconds and you do not divide at all. I am so confused!!! Help cuz i need to make an initial rate of reaction graph!!!

Speed = Distance / Time

I can't possibly see how you graph relates to rate of reaction. :confused:

Also, you have to work out the gradient of the graph

Gradient = Change of y-axis / Change of x-axis

If you have a curve you must work out the tangent of the graph.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2006

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.