London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I fall into that catergory. :cool:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
met too, applied to oxford (law) and was allocated to magdalen :biggrin: rejected after interviews...
Reply 3
I am a Cambridge reject, after interview at King's College.
Reply 4
i fall into that category, apparently, all the cool people get rejected from oxford, and thats me, im going ucl L100 Economics.
make that five. No Magdalen College, Oxford for me either (at least i got to stay there 4 days of my life....)
?Maybe i shouldnt have said in my Economics interview that I prefer Business Studies?

Anyway i think, from what i've seen so far, that this will be quite a long list. Although haven't seen any PPE rejectees here yet...
Reply 6
Got rejected from Oriel for English. I think its fair (and completely unbias) however to say that

I ROCK ALL THE MORE FOR IT. Much like sl 6789 I do believe we shall inherit teh earth, and maybe even the earth!
Reply 7
*raises hand*
Reply 8
i got rejected by Queens' Cambridge, but i'm probably going to UCL for Econ Stats
me me me
Reply 10
(rejected from Caius at Cambridge last year)

Perhaps it's an exaggeration to call us C-students (refers to the American grading system), but as Truman, former President of the USA, once said:
C-students rule the world.

Anyhows (Angel interceptor's favourite word), it's no wonder why UCL is filled with Oxbridge rejects, as UCL generally ranks just below Oxbridge.
Reply 11
but what if we were too GOOD for Oxbridge? :wink:
Reply 12
Pinguin
but what if we were too GOOD for Oxbridge? :wink:

Well i was rejected for not being malleable basically because i stuck to my arguement, and people with legal knowledge have said that my arguement did make sense so i don't see why i shouldn't have kept my point of view. That's why my rejection doesn't bother me, because they would have wanted to change that part of me.

Btw i'm not saying i was too good, I'm just saying that it didn't seem like i was rejected for not being up to standard, which is what they themselves admitted.
Reply 13
different?
Well i was rejected for not being malleable basically because i stuck to my arguement, and people with legal knowledge have said that my arguement did make sense so i don't see why i shouldn't have kept my point of view. That's why my rejection doesn't bother me, because they would have wanted to change that part of me.

Btw i'm not saying i was too good, I'm just saying that it didn't seem like i was rejected for not being up to standard, which is what they themselves admitted.

THe same thing happened to me at Cambridge, i argued a legal point and stuck to my guns, i spoke to some one with legal knowledge as well and they agreed with what i said so... (plus i got polled as well which showed i wasn't completely off the mark)

Oh well, after seeing other unis i realise that Cambridge was too stuffy for me, so i'm glad but i'm just waiting on UCL at the moment... for the double maitrise:eek: (i'm silly for applying to a course with so few places...i know)

btw different? did u get feedback from ur interview then?
Reply 14
Saba
THe same thing happened to me at Cambridge, i argued a legal point and stuck to my guns, i spoke to some one with legal knowledge as well and they agreed with what i said so... (plus i got polled as well which showed i wasn't completely off the mark)

Oh well, after seeing other unis i realise that Cambridge was too stuffy for me, so i'm glad but i'm just waiting on UCL at the moment... for the double maitrise:eek: (i'm silly for applying to a course with so few places...i know)

btw different? did u get feedback from ur interview then?

My school asked for feedback basically.
different?
Having seen a similar thread on another sub forum, it would be interesting to see how many people fall into this category because i once heard UCL described as 'full of Oxbridge rejects'. No bad thing in my opinion, personally i'm quite proud of being an Oxbridge reject. I was rejected for Law from Lincoln College, Oxford.

UCL does have a lot of people who also applied to Camford, but that is because they are all good Unis, however I know quite a lot of people who didn't apply to Camford as they thought it would be a bit staid, and wanted the vibrancy of the city. Also, a know a small, but significant proportion of people who applied to Camford but turned them down for UCL. Anyhows, Universities that are full of Camford rejects are places like Durham, Bristol and St Andrews - far more so than UCL.
Reply 16
Angel Interceptor
UCL does have a lot of people who also applied to Camford, but that is because they are all good Unis, however I know quite a lot of people who didn't apply to Camford as they thought it would be a bit staid, and wanted the vibrancy of the city. Also, a know a small, but significant proportion of people who applied to Camford but turned them down for UCL. Anyhows, Universities that are full of Camford rejects are places like Durham, Bristol and St Andrews - far more so than UCL.

I've never heard it called Camford before!
Reply 17
rejected from oxford (Brasenose) for PPE
different?
I've never heard it called Camford before!

Well, I always collectively refer to them as Camford as I consider Cambridge to be a far better institution - I don't have that exceptional a regard for Oxford, I think it's slightly overrated and it doesn't have an inch on Cambridge.
Reply 19
Angel Interceptor

Really? I wouldve thought UCL get the most Oxbridge rejects since it is probably the best multi-faculty university after Oxbridge IMO