Curling tongs Watch

~Bambi~
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I want to get some curling tongs. However my hair is really thick and my hair is so long it reaches just to the bottom of my back and I am a tall girl. So can anyone suggest any curling tongs that will work quickly, I won't have to chuck away and curls will last for a long time anyhelp much appreciated!
love ambsx
Xxx Mini xxX
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well what you could do is straighten your hair first making it thinner, sleeker and shinier and then curl it with curling tongs, i think that would look awesome!
thats_my_poison
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how does being tall and having long hair affect the tongs?
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alison_141288)
how does being tall and having long hair affect the tongs?
more hair to wrap around the tongs, therefore the heat needs to be higher in order to 'set' more hair.

to the OP i also have long hair and am relatively tall, my hair's pretty thick and straight so what i do is blow dry it upside down to get volume at the roots, then just curl the ends, it looks super cute and feminine...think faith hill in Stepford Wives
Angelharpist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You could always try giant rollers instead of curling tongs - I've got very long, thick, straight strawberry blonde hair, and I've found rollers to be least damaging and most effective.

You can buy some non-heated giant rollers from about £3 in Boots/Superdrug that you put in when your hair is damp and blast with a hairdryer for a few seconds, then let it dry naturally whilst still in curlers. Leave for about half an hour, and then let your beautiful waves tumble out.

Alternatively, you could use some electric heated rollers (from about £20 - but the best investment I've ever made!) which are slightly smaller and work in under 15 minutes.

Ragging is another option, where you roll your hair into rags, leave overnight and then undo in the morning - the Irish side of my family swears by it! [I just can't be bothered to do my hair late at night before I go to bed] Apparantly ragging is the best method for really really long, thick hair.

Hope this helps
x
~Bambi~
Thanks all me lovies!, I shall be putting it all into practise x
uzma_g
Report 12 years ago
i ave long hair myself but i find curling tongs r annoying coz dey can only take so much length of hair, wich usually isnt enuf. if u've got GHD straightners ur sorted or those new remington curly or straight straighners, dey give u a cd wich shows u how to create curls using a straightner. u ave 2 twist da hair around the straightner and den turn the strighner as you pullin it down. i cant xplain it very well try n get the cd off sum1 or get sumbody who knows 2 show u. sory am not much help! but i wud recommend GHD's or Remmington straightners ratha dan tongs 4 long hair.
Lettuce
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I would probably suggest getting curlers instead of tongs better to curl the whole head if you have long hair. However I have thick hair and own carmen girls hair straightners and I love them. I was recommended by a couple of friends to get these tongs.
~Bambi~
Well I have GHDS and know how to curl just very amature tbh with it all
thats_my_poison
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Angelharpist)
You could always try giant rollers instead of curling tongs - I've got very long, thick, straight strawberry blonde hair, and I've found rollers to be least damaging and most effective.

You can buy some non-heated giant rollers from about £3 in Boots/Superdrug that you put in when your hair is damp and blast with a hairdryer for a few seconds, then let it dry naturally whilst still in curlers. Leave for about half an hour, and then let your beautiful waves tumble out.

Alternatively, you could use some electric heated rollers (from about £20 - but the best investment I've ever made!) which are slightly smaller and work in under 15 minutes.

Ragging is another option, where you roll your hair into rags, leave overnight and then undo in the morning - the Irish side of my family swears by it! [I just can't be bothered to do my hair late at night before I go to bed] Apparantly ragging is the best method for really really long, thick hair.

Hope this helps
x
ive tried ragging but it makes the curls really lopsided and it takes absolutely ages to put in
*jelly_baby*
Report 12 years ago
This was probly just me being an idiot but when I tried to curl my hair with my GHDs some of it was fine but afterwards found I had burnt one section of the hair! not good.
I use the morphy richards i create curling tongs, think they heat up to just under 200 degress and work really well and they do them in a large barrel version for longer hair, and as someone else suggested the carmen girls angel curls tongs are really good too, they use steam so the curls hold quite well. hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (78)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (150)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.64%

Watched Threads