TSR Pro-Test Society Watch

Jamie
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by pendragon)
I havent been in Oxford since I finished in the summer. Tell me what they have been doing?

I am the kind of person who was very concerned about animal rights as a child, and I still am though in a different way than they would recognise, I see things in a wider more enviromentally driven perspective.
But seeing the truely terrible behaviour of anti-animal testing protest groups while I was in the UK has profoundly alienated me from having any sympathy with them. I had been able to concede that I understood and even sympathised to some extent with their moral arguments in the past, but now they present no arguments, they only act as violent criminals, and the moderates among them (if there really are any) are just as complicit in the crimes of the radicals for they do nothing to stop them or even condemn them.
they tried to burn down the corpus boathouse i think.
and i think they actually did burn down the main university one.
Don Bosco
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm in. To all animal rights protesters: What is your proposed alternative to animal testing? Should we stop medical research and allow people to die instead of animals? What exactly is the aim/goal of these protests? I could go on but I have to go to bed.
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Since I've been assaulted by these fools I think I'll join.
-Kav-
Badges: 2
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Stick Man)
That has to be the first truly serious post I've seen from 2+2.

I've only been here about six months, but has he done this before?
Nah, can't be. He must have just worked in a witicism so subtle, so rapier-like, so well-concealed that our metaphorical Radio Telescopes of Comedy are far too crude unsophisticated to detect it. I don't want to live in a world where this isn't the case.

Seriously though, it's good to see so many people supporting this, mostly as I intend to be the scientist on the receiving end of an Animal Rights Extremist's threatening phone call some day.
~the_one~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Most definatly in. (will expand later)
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sign me up
theepw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Count me in.
xDreamx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm in.
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pineappolis)
Nah, can't be. He must have just worked in a witicism so subtle, so rapier-like, so well-concealed that our metaphorical Radio Telescopes of Comedy are far too crude unsophisticated to detect it. I don't want to live in a world where this isn't the case.

Seriously though, it's good to see so many people supporting this, mostly as I intend to be the scientist on the receiving end of an Animal Rights Extremist's threatening phone call some day.
Nah. I was being entirely serious.

And now, here's the entire series of Charlie Brooker's "Cruelty Zoo".

X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (172)
18.59%
No (560)
60.54%
Not really bothered about them (193)
20.86%

Watched Threads