Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiegirl)
    guys im so scared got forst drvin test week tomo and am so nervous cos i have the worst test center ever, where u have to do a steep(vvvvv steep)hill start to get out the place and its a blind corner so cnt even see!!!!!!
    any way scared it will go the same way with the thoery which i passed 3rd time around!!!!!!!
    what test centre is it?. it sounds very similar to the one I had in Ipswich

lol its easily said than done ' relax blah blah blah ' but its horrible and im an amateur motocross racer!!!!!!!!!!
    driving tests are not nice and i havent passed yet

ReputationRep:
    I thought If you used an ordinary car, it had to have special checks ??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    Funny thing is.. like on my first test if you just tell yourself not to panic you'll be okay.
    precisely!!

ReputationRep:
    i couldn't start the engine of the car on my test and i thought i was going to fail on that. then my left leg started to tremble and i stalled it. i almost rolled backwards :eek: and had to keep pulling forwards on the reverse round the corner because the examiner chose a reeeeeeeally busy corner.

but i still passed!!

(and the next week my best friend passed with the same examiner...vvvv good luck to have her )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    I thought If you used an ordinary car, it had to have special checks ??????
    you don't need special checks you just need an extra mirror like the one on instructors cars so the examiner can check your blind spot (i think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Just to blow my own trumpet, I passed 1st time with 3 minors! That was over 2 years a go tho to show my age.

Good luck, just relax and you'l be fine!
    So did I, it's not as uncommon as you might think.

ReputationRep:
    you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylia)
    you don't need special checks you just need an extra mirror like the one on instructors cars so the examiner can check your blind spot (i think)
    Yea you can take any car you want on the test.. as long as it has seat belts, head restraints, a mirror for the examiner and L-plates.

Oh yea does anyone know if you can get a diagram like in the handbook of whats inside the bonnet of a Micra? Because it's NOTHING like my instructor's car.. no colour-coordinated signs and stuff! argh what AM i going to do! :P

ReputationRep:
    Haynes manuals, or browse the net!

ReputationRep:
    I've got my test soon too and I'm gonna fail as well! So don't worry if you fail, we'll fail together!

Good Luck, tell us how it goes!

Luv

ReputationRep:
    i passed 2 minors!!!!!!!!!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.