Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    iv got a formal coming up in easter and i thought id grow my nails so they could look nice for once. thing is, they are bitten right down to the quick and i dont know how long it would take for them to grow. any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    around april time. and also, theres no need to worry about my nails getting caught on anything because they are so short - they literally could not be any shorter

ReputationRep:
    Chew gum instead of biting them. After the first week of not biting its eeeeeasy, I only bite them now to clean up where they've got too long and bent and broke

ReputationRep:
    I thought only animals with claws have a 'quick'...hrmm, learn something ew everyday! :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well, since you bite them they'll grow quicker than if you didn't!

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought of getting them done professionally for the occasion?
    I have a really bad habit of biting my nails and chewing the sides so I have acrylic nails
    Having them done professionally does cost a bit (mine were £25 intially and then £15 every 4 weeks for infills) but I think they look really nice if you get them done properly and stop you biting them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_lee)
    I thought only animals with claws have a 'quick'...hrmm, learn something ew everyday! :p:
    lol thats what i thought aswel!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alison_141288)
    iv got a formal coming up in easter and i thought id grow my nails so they could look nice for once. thing is, they are bitten right down to the quick and i dont know how long it would take for them to grow. any ideas?
    Well you could always pop into your local DIY store and pick some up some nails for next to nothing that are longer than you current set?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alison_141288)
    If my nails break off, it then takes about 2 to 3 weeks for them to grow back again and all my friends say that my nails are long. (Not long that they curl though, eeew). I'd give it a few weeks but like someone said, avoid playing sports like netball, which might eliminate any progress. I was once given a diamond hardener/ sonething that stimulates nail growth. I've never used it as I've never had to, but I could dig it up for you if you want to give you more details?^o)

ReputationRep:
    use fake ones..

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to use fake nails because im quite tomboyish and its really not me. anyway, i guess as long as i dont bite my nails from now on, they should be longish by april

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.