The Student Room Group

8 AS Level Exams too much?

Scroll to see replies

I had 9 A2 exams last summer with 2 clash days. Three exams one day and two the other.

People in my year found it so funny that I had the same number of exams in one day as they had in a year. :mad:
Reply 21
no in june last year i had to resit loads of exams, i had 10 exams altogether in chemistry biology maths and physics and went from BCDD to AAAB

START REVISING EARLY!!
If I were you I'd resit next year in January when you have fewer exams that are worth less UMS marks. Summer exams are really important because they're worth the most UMS, so maybe its better to make sure those ones go well, and worry about the resits when there's a little less pressure in January :smile:
Reply 23
I have friends who have 10 AS exams this summer.
Even though I have 6, I think 8 is doable, but it depends what subjects you are taking.
If it is possible, recall the papers that you are retaking from january and then you can see what you have done wrong? And start early revision!!

Good Luck!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by Nizanator
I currently do Maths Bilogy Chemistry and Psychology....
Im willing to put the work in, but i just think that I might jeopardise my results for the other subjects if i retake

And that I might not be able to revise all the work before the exams in MAY

ooh I do exactly the same subjects as you! But i have 9 exams cos my jan modules didnt go well at all...
I have Eight exams exams as well but 6 are the actual AS (no resits) two are the GCSE science resits. Question on whether it is possible really depends on preparation, if you want to achieve well realistically you should have already planned and started your revision or study. Quantity doesn't matter if you know what to aim for.:smile:
Not really, i'm sitting 7 Exams in June (5 AS and 2 A2s) and i was entered for January as well in all my subjects. Preparation is the most important thing i was the only one to prepare properly in January and got AAABB( i'm resitting one of those Bs) despite some people only taking 3 exams. they got MUCH worse results.
Imma start revising soon and i've already started for two of them and the revision for my 2 A2s start tomorrow ( i'm sitting PC3 and FP4!) so if you start today it'll be easy!
(edited 12 years ago)
I had like 20 exams at A2.. man up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
I have 7, one less than you I know, but I think with a bit of hard work it could be pulled off. I know a girl who is A2 now, but when she was in AS she did 10 exams in the summer, she said it was really difficult but she managed really good grades.
Reply 29
I'm doing 16 this June. You'll be fine. :smile:

(Sweet 16)
Reply 30
I had 14 exams in the summer of Year 12 (comprised of 11 AS and 3A2 papers). I ended up with 12A grades and 2B grades. God it was hard.

This year I only have a measly 9 A2 exams in the summer, although some of them are HARD.. hopefully I'll do alright and meet my offer though because I put the work in last year :tongue:
I got 3 Maths, 1 Law, 1 Business and 1 Accounts AS exams in May.

I feel fine about Maths, Business and Accounting.

Law is making me feel sick at the moment though

Work as hard as you can. At least then you can have no regrets.
Original post by TheNightmare
I got 7 A2 exams this June. Imagine that.....**** my life

I'm going to have 9 A2s and a german oral
Kill me now...
Original post by gernumblies
I had 9 A2 exams last summer with 2 clash days. Three exams one day and two the other.

People in my year found it so funny that I had the same number of exams in one day as they had in a year. :mad:

Yeah i'm going to have 9 A2 exams in june and a german oral :eek:
Did you cope ok?
Some people only have 3 or 5.... :/
no number of exams is too much. You either know the content or you don't. I could sit 10 C1 exams right now and get 1000 ums points.
Reply 35
I did 11 AS exams last year with 1 clash day and I've got 9 A2 exams this year with 3 clash days. You will be fine.
Reply 36
No, I had 14 last year... It's completely manageable
I have 12, so you can do it! :biggrin:
Believe in yourself! :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Nizanator
I currently have 5 exams in the Summer.... I (may) retake 3 exams, so itll ramp up the total to 8 exams for AS

Is this too much of a workload? Or is it possible ? (realistically, not all the ' You can do everything if you set your mind to it crap' :P)

Thanks! :smile:

I have 8 exams with no retakes. I really hope it's possible as I'm aiming for as high UMS as possible :eek:
Reply 39
I have 8 exams thanks to being told that oh you should really take the re-sit in the summer so its fresh in your mind blah blah blah. It'll be okay two of them are gen studies anyway!

quite odd that my psychology teacher didn't believe me!

Quick Reply

Latest