The Student Room Group

8 AS Level Exams too much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Silent--ly
I feel so, so sorry for you :console:

What really shouldn't be allowed though, is edexcel maths exams clashing with edexcel maths exams. It's the same board and the same subject. How could that happen? :mad:

How is that even possible? :gasp:

(Unless it was something like C1 and FP3, because it's unlikely there would be many people who had to do both in the same exam period.)
Original post by BeccaCath94
Haha cheers.
I just hope they go well. In January I had 5 exams and I think having so many is why I did bad :frown:

Just like me, I had 5 as well and I did not do very well either. But there is nothing we can do except study harder. LOL :tongue: . We just resit in June but hopefully its better for us this time round. I suggest do more past papers and questions, start doing them now. That is what I am doing. If I flop this time round its bye bye to uni. So I'm working my ****ing arse off this time. Anyway good luck :smile:.
Original post by gernumblies

(Unless it was something like C1 and FP3, because it's unlikely there would be many people who had to do both in the same exam period.)

I had a clash last year in June, c1 and m1.
Reply 63

C1 and M1
D1 and S1
C2 and S2
D2 and M2
Fp1 and M4
FP3 and M5
FP2 and S4
C4 and S3
C3 and M3

Although there are some combinations were a candidate is unlikely to be taking both modules, if you do Further Maths, you're probably going to have a clash. Also, C1 and M1? :lolwut:
Original post by TheNightmare
I had a clash last year in June, c1 and m1.

But so many people take that combination! (Except my school did C1 in January.)
Got 7 A2 exams
Just like me, I had 5 as well and I did not do very well either. But there is nothing we can do except study harder. LOL :tongue: . We just resit in June but hopefully its better for us this time round. I suggest do more past papers and questions, start doing them now. That is what I am doing. If I flop this time round its bye bye to uni. So I'm working my ****ing arse off this time. Anyway good luck :smile:.

This is exactly what I'm thinking!!!
I got 2Bs and 3Ds in january when usually i'd be getting Bs or As... :frown:
I'm resitting 2 of them yeah :smile: 1 was a resit which went down so the higher mark will stay and I had another resit which went up by 3 UMS!!! how pointless!! :tongue:
Yeah i'm going to try and get some started now :smile: Over easter i will get into revision properly :/
I really really hope I don't have to say goodbye to uni...i dont want a gap year :frown:
Yeah good luck to you!
Reply 67
8? Sheeessh.
A boy in my year is doing 18. Retaking his whole AS and A2 and he wants to do dentistry lol.
Reply 68
I had 12 AS exams last summer and I did fine. Got 9 this summer for A2.
Original post by XO*
8? Sheeessh.
A boy in my year is doing 18. Retaking his whole AS and A2 and he wants to do dentistry lol.

Peak Times 4 Him :tongue:
Original post by laura94
I had 12 AS exams last summer and I did fine. Got 9 this summer for A2.

Why are you sitting so many exams? How many A-Levels are you doing? What were your AS Grades? Finally are you resitting any modules this summer?
But so many people take that combination! (Except my school did C1 in January.)

What is your point? You say that it is not possible for a clash to take place, then I prove you wrong and you say this. By the looks of it, you are contradicting your own point. :confused:
What is your point? You say that it is not possible for a clash to take place, then I prove you wrong and you say this. By the looks of it, you are contradicting your own point. :confused:

I wasn't saying they don't take place, just stating my disbelief that exam boards lack the common sense required to plan their timetables better. If the core AS were in the same time slot as applied A2, for example, the likelihood of clashes would be less compared to a combination like C1/M1 and FP3/M5. Better yet, an exam board should never be allowed put two exams for the same subject simultaneously, but unfortunately changes like that will probably never happen. :frown:

What I meant in the previous post was that my school takes C1 in the January session, rather than June, so I wasn't aware of this clash taking place this last summer, as any C1 retakers were the year below me. However, I find it unfair on people (and not a small number by any means, I'm sure) who go to schools which take modules first time round in summer that they were hit with a clash when proper timetabling could have avoided it.
Reply 73
Peak Times 4 Him :tongue:

'Peak Times' I swear I invented that saying lol. (Random I know)
I have like 9..

C2 Maths, S1, Chemistry Unit 2, Biology Units 1 & 2, German 1, German 2, Spanish 1, Spanish 2.
I wasn't saying they don't take place, just stating my disbelief that exam boards lack the common sense required to plan their timetables better. If the core AS were in the same time slot as applied A2, for example, the likelihood of clashes would be less compared to a combination like C1/M1 and FP3/M5. Better yet, an exam board should never be allowed put two exams for the same subject simultaneously, but unfortunately changes like that will probably never happen. :frown:

What I meant in the previous post was that my school takes C1 in the January session, rather than June, so I wasn't aware of this clash taking place this last summer, as any C1 retakers were the year below me. However, I find it unfair on people (and not a small number by any means, I'm sure) who go to schools which take modules first time round in summer that they were hit with a clash when proper timetabling could have avoided it.

hmm, O.k I see what you mean. I agree "exam boards do lack the common sense required to plan their timetables better"...
Original post by XO*
'Peak Times' I swear I invented that saying lol. (Random I know)

Lol, isit? who is this btw?
10 A2 exams...
I have over 9000!

DBZ_PowerLevel_NineThousand.jpg
Original post by Killerstorm2
10 A2 exams...

Same :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest