gaydar? Watch

kupoartist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bone-machine)
that is assuming that being gay is about biology and genes etc..(which i believe)
My theories lie in the "hormone effects after conception" camp. I don't buy the chemical scent thing, I have to say

Haha, I said camp in a thread about gayness. :P
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kupoartist)
My theories lie in the "hormone effects after conception" camp. I don't buy the chemical scent thing, I have to say

Haha, I said camp in a thread about gayness. :P
lol yeh i noticed that made me laugh too
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by championhopper)
i think LPK said 'decide' without thinking but perhaps subconsciously she meant when a gay person decides to come out they won't change their voice/walk to a 'gay' one?
Indeed :yy: Though i'm glad you figured out the 'he' part
rockthecasbah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There is a boy who I see walking to another school everyday and I just look at him (not in a staring way) and I can tell all over that he is 100% gay.
I'm not gay myself, but it can be quite obvious sometimes. Even if they don't fit the stereotype, you can still pick up a gay 'vibe'.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Of course it exists.

I have it.
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Xulfer)
People don't just "decide" one day to be gay.
It's an easy misjudgement to make, given that being 'gay' revolves around the notion of 'coming out', which sends out the false idea that some rigid sexual orientation is suddenly 'discovered'.
People don't 'decide' to be 'gay' in the natural sense, but they do decide to identify themselves as 'gay'.

Conformity is a very miserable product of an insecure society, and the notion of being 'gay' or 'straight', IMO, is the most deluded and misguided state of affairs one can be in, but one that is also unfortunately unavoidable.
mrteacher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i am a gaydar expert. proven many many times. my services are often used by almost eveyrone I know. my gay friends ( i dont have many though) my straight friends and my straight female friends. gaydar definitely exists

if you 'd like to elaborate just say so
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mrteacher)
i am a gaydar expert. proven many many times. my services are often used by almost eveyrone I know. my gay friends ( i dont have many though) my straight friends and my straight female friends. gaydar definitely exists

if you 'd like to elaborate just say so
Most people who come out with something like that have learned through a shamefully large amount of experience as a filthy whore, generally strengthening the notion that 'gays' are all cheap and filthy, and thus play effortlessly into the hands of 'traditionalists' who then see it as their moral responsibility to crush the non-straight community on that basis.
Not that i'm suggesting you are one of those people...
mrteacher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Beekeeper)
Most people who come out with something like that have learned through a shamefully large amount of experience as a filthy whore, generally strengthening the notion that 'gays' are all cheap and filthy, and thus play effortlessly into the hands of 'traditionalists' who then see it as their moral responsibility to crush the non-straight community on that basis.
Not that i'm suggesting you are one of those people...
like that - what is that?

why would gaydar reuslt from being a male whore?
gaydar refers to insight - to know when someone is gay just by lookin at them. it has nothing to do with sleeping around.

a straight friend of mine who is a girl has a perfect gaydar.

i agree with ur point about traditionalists.
Anonymous #1
Report 12 years ago
Gaydar FM?
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its a circular black screen with a rotating green line and a speaker that goes ping, accompanied with a green dot on the screen, for when it detects a gay :rolleyes: Christ.
kupoartist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
Its a circular black screen with a rotating green line and a speaker that goes ping, accompanied with a green dot on the screen, for when it detects a gay :rolleyes: Christ.
I believe the line and dots are purple actually.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, thats Gaydar V1.2 - with customiseable colour schemes.
kupoartist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
No, thats Gaydar V1.2 - with customiseable colour schemes.
Ah sorry, I find i'm often too young to know about older industry standards.

I hear 1.3 will actually be able to detect degrees of gayness and show a corresponding colour on the display. God I love technology.
db
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I can tell pretty well now, people seem to assume that because a guy is stereotypically 'gay' that he is, but it's just not like that anymore and seeing as I tend to go for the 'straighties' it's a handy skil to have :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed