Solo Talk Help! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Nydous
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I need to do a solo talk in English, it is free choice, so any subject I choose.

Any suggestions?

Also please don't say 'Do it on something that interests you' as I am asking for help as I can't think of anything.
Nfergs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nydous)
I need to do a solo talk in English, it is free choice, so any subject I choose.

Any suggestions?

Also please don't say 'Do it on something that interests you' as I am asking for help as I can't think of anything.
I used to love doing solo talks in English since they were so easy to pass and I actually enjoyed creating powerpoints for them! I can't really suggest and ideas to you since we could be two completely different minded people, however I did my first talk on photography and my second on OCD if that helps. Just remember that when preparing for your solo talk, do as much practice as possible, even if it means you have to stand somewhere in your house talking to yourself for hours... :rolleyes:
JackE5
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did mine 3 days ago and did it on Scottish Independence and got a 1, so it''s a good topic to do it on. My last talk was on Cancer Research and that got me a 2/3.

I've never been able to do like idols or favourite bands because I find it i hard to make it a good quality talk with lots of info.

I would suggest something you've read about and thought was interesting or sad.

Good Luck
mimx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do it on the history of beards.
n x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd do scottish independance, at the moment we're doing debates to try and get our talk grade up and I picked that and upped it from a 3 to a 2
chr1stopher11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Any suggestions?

I did mine on deforestation when I did standard grade. If I were you I would talk about something related to one of the subjects you are studying - something topical. If you don't want to do that think about talking about something you read in a newspaper or watched on TV that you thought was interesting. You could do a brief history on something you enjoy, such as a sport, the rise of computer games or perhaps on the decline of wooden buildings, a natural disaster, the power of the internet, the decline of the monocle, the rise of holidays abroad etc etc.
los lobos marinos
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Any suggestions?
An evaluation of the health concerns underpinning the Alcohol etc (Scotland) Act 2010
TheUnbeliever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A discussion of the relative social acceptance of fundamental incompetence in language vs. mathematics.
Kharl's dad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i did mine on why the colour blue is the worst
pleaseentername
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
EDIT: just realised Kharl's dad commented on a 6 year old post... never mind.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads