Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    2 ) where have bonos two threads gone?!
    waht was his other one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    waht was his other one?
    complaining the first post had gone (i had made a reply)

ReputationRep:
    complaining the first post had gone (i had made a reply)
    why do people always complain when threads get deleted? a moderators decision is final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    waht was his other one?
    How funny, it was 7-0 to "NO" on my thread questioning why my 14 page thread was deleted, yet Expression chose to delete that as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    why do people always complain when threads get deleted? a moderators decision is final.
    Thats ironic, you replied to my thread many times, since when does it deserved to be deleted 4 days later?

Complete bollox that is.

ReputationRep:
    1 ) whats with lots of old thread being brought from the dead recently?

Maybe its because if a similar thread is posted to to a 'graveyard' thread then the thread starter will get slated for copying and unoriginality and will be asked why they haven't just dug up the original graveyard one!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Thats ironic, you replied to my thread many times, since when does it deserved to be deleted 4 days later?

Complete bollox that is.
    i didnt say it deserved to get deleted, i just said that a moderators decision is final, and that people are always complaining about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

Complete bollox that is.
    This hoo-haa is giving me the ab-dabs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i didnt say it deserved to get deleted.
    Well exactly, face it Expression, your decision was complete trash.

There was no reason to delete that thread, he only did it ebcause he can't face being wrong.

How stupid.

Edit - Profanity Expression - It would also be good to edit your terrible choice of thread deleting as well, but thats just unfortunate...

EDIT: Crap choice to delete my thread and completely no fair reason for it, my poll was 7-0 to "NO" against your decision.

Edit - It so happens I didn't delete the poll due the result, simply because of it's spamming nature. The result of the poll by the way, is irrelavent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Well exactly, face it Expression, your decision was complete b****x.

There was no reason to delete that thread, he only did it ebcause he can't face being wrong.

How stupid.

Edit - Profanity Expression
    Lose the tone sir, otherwise your membership will go instead.

As for my decision I stand by it - and your speculation that I can't stand being wrong is just that, how many times have I taken CONSTUCTIVE critisism ?

Plain abuse however, I won't tolerate.

There was reason to delete the thread, you are simply stirring up conflict, the fact that it lasted 4 days, appears to be somewhat of a fluke, as all that thread was doing was stirring it up, trying to gather support for your own, pointless, campaign at being moderator.

When it got brought up by Whitey, after his absense from the board, you then started throwing abuse (indirectly) at me, and claiming that you reign supreme because Hayden correctly pointed out that there are things that are and aren't topical on the board. Believe me after your history, you reign far from supreme, and stand little to no chance in becoming a moderator, we aren't that stupid however much you claim so.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, this should be interesting. *prepares for bono's long-winded and pointless essay*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)

As for my decision I stand by it - and your speculation that I can't stand being wrong is just that, how many times have I taken CONSTUCTIVE critisism ?

There was reason to delete the thread, you are simply stirring up conflict, the fact that it lasted 4 days, appears to be somewhat of a fluke, as all that thread was doing was stirring it up, trying to gather support for your own, pointless, campaign at being moderator.

When it got brought up by Whitey, after his absense from the board, you then started throwing abuse (indirectly) at me, and claiming that you reign supreme because Hayden correctly pointed out that there are things that are and aren't topical on the board. Believe me after your history, you reign far from supreme, and stand little to no chance in becoming a moderator, we aren't that stupid however much you claim so.
    Reign Supreme??? What the hell???

I only said that Rhaydenuk agreed with me on ONE thing, I never said "I am superior to Expression" or anything like that.

"we aren't that stupid" - I never said any of you were stupid, so don't randomly make out I said things which I didn't.

EDIT: "Hayden correctly pointed out that there are things that are and aren't topical on the board." - Exactly, but you didn't rush to delete your posts about that, did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Reign Supreme??? What the hell???

I only said that Rhaydenuk agreed with me on ONE thing, I never said "I am superior to Expression" or anything like that.

"we aren't that stupid" - I never said any of you were stupid, so don't randomly make out I said things which I didn't.

EDIT: "Hayden correctly pointed out that there are things that are and aren't topical on the board." - Exactly, but you didn't rush to delete your posts about that, did you?
    Oh, Mr bono, you'll be a woman, soon....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Oh, Mr bono, you'll be a woman, soon....
    i will overlook that sexist remark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)

"you then started throwing abuse (indirectly) at me" - Such as what exactly? All 3 of us agreed that your discussion with musical gal wasn't appropriate, so where is the sudden moaning from that arised from?

"the fact that it lasted 4 days, appears to be somewhat of a fluke" - How funny, you posted in that thread many times yourself, along with the other moderators..

"Plain abuse however, I won't tolerate." - Well, as Rahaydenuk said previsouly, your discussion with musical gal could be offensive to some members, but you tolerated that didn't you???

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Bono!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiffmaster)
    I agree with Bono!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Yes, the decision is final as it is irreversible, just as a referee's decision in a football match is, this doesn't mean to say it was the right one though.

Even you said it didn't deserve to be deleted, this is my point.

ReputationRep:
    For goodness sake get over yourself if you disagreed with the deletion you could have PMd the mods about it you dont have to start the same argument again in yet another annoying thread. Dont get me wrong I do agree with you sometimes I think that we may need some more mods but surely you can see that you have no chance of being a mod at the moment due to your behaviour in the past and see that if you want to be considered mod material in the future that openly arguing about moderation decisions in the main forums is not the way to get yourself considered. it just creates yet more arguments.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, once again, theres no need for two replies to the same thing which is a major problem with you.

(Original post by bono)
    "you then started throwing abuse (indirectly) at me" - Such as what exactly? All 3 of us agreed that your discussion with musical gal wasn't appropriate, so where is the sudden moaning from that arised from?
    And you've not made any remotely inappropriate / innuendous comments at all... - yes people could read into it, and be thoroughly disgusted into it, but then the same can be said about just about everything dependant on what viewpoint you stand on for all the issues raised on the board.

(Original post by bono)
    "the fact that it lasted 4 days, appears to be somewhat of a fluke" - How funny, you posted in that thread many times yourself, along with the other moderators..
    Your factual recall appears to be poor to say the least; not once did I post in that thread, and trust me I know, because I can still see the thread.
    The other moderators posted in it and the discussion was fine, whilest ever the arguement was rational. There was a point in it, once it was dragged back up, that it turned into a blatent slanging match, which is just stupid, and rather than delete shed loads of individual posts, the thread might have well as gone.

The fact that your constant upset had an issue to do with the fact it was 14 pages long, suggests you actually give more of a damn about the post count lost !

(Original post by bono)
    "Plain abuse however, I won't tolerate." - Well, as Rahaydenuk said previsouly, your discussion with musical gal could be offensive to some members, but you tolerated that didn't you???
    Again factually untrue, Hayden didn't say that much, it was more of an subtle reminder that mods are members too, and that the same rules about conduct on the board apply to everyone. Rather than saying it was inappropriate.

I also advised you that constructive criticism is fine, though this is a definition that is totally lost on you - as it the one knowing when to give over.

(Original post by bono)
    "Hayden correctly pointed out that there are things that are and aren't topical on the board." - Exactly, but you didn't rush to delete your posts about that, did you?
    No, I locked it, and it disappeared. We've had far worse than a little flirting on this board, as I'm sure you'll back up.

(Original post by bono)
    True, however, you are using it as your grounds for a moral highground, such as this little ego trip.

(Original post by bono)
    False accusation. I never said that you said anything of the sort. I'm actually pointing out a fact, we aren't stupid, and on that basis we wouldn't appoint you as a moderator.

(Original post by bono)
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.
    As I was saying about the ego boost; all about making you feel good, and as many people around you feel bad.

I've been reminded by a couple of longstanding members, who recall from quite a while ago, when you returned to the board under this guise, it was under the condition that should you become a pest to the board, the moderation team, and the administrator, then you were on a continuous probation as to your membership status - don't get silly on us, I don't want to have to lobby the mods on this one, as most of the time you're reasonable.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.