Turn on thread page Beta

most romantic thing? come on, gush watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Last year my boyfriend surprised me with a Valentine's Day present by driving 150miles and back in the same day just to spend six hours with me. Five bunches of flowers on Christmas Eve. Paid for a surprise ticket to see Bon Jovi at Wembley in June for Christmas. Booked a holiday without telling me and then completely surprised me. Took me away for shopping and a night in a hotel for my 21st...and that's just the start :love: I'm a very lucky girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ninja)
    Not very modest, but true :p:
    I;m far from perfect, but you are, and what you have done for me is more than perfect :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Evidently, you misconstrue: nevermind.

Congratulations: yours is a proposition, patently absurd absent recourse to the (admittedly, rather obvious) suggestion that you may simply be projecting your own inadequacies: you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Why are you telling me this? Again; have you something to prove?

Comprehension, such as is amenable to proof, will be self-evident in the response: if there is no response, then there is perforce no incentive to presume you in any way cognisant of the discussion at hand; so, in fact, the answer to the aforementioned question must be 'yes'.

Swallow your pride, already.
    Your posts would be quite amusing and insightful, if they weren't so damn pompous.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... after Christmas holiday, my boyfriend picked me up at the airport at 7:30 in the morning, and was waiting for me as soon as I came out of customs (an amazing feat, getting up that early!). He's lovely to me every day, anyway, but I just thought it was such a sweet gesture. This Valentine's Day was pretty good too; I came into my room to find a huge bunch of flowers, some amazing chocolates, and a bottle of Veuve Cliquot on my bed, with rose petals all around. So much for a student budget! :P

The best thing I've done... hmm... I'm not very good at springing surprises or anything, mostly because I always bungle them somehow! I made him orange juice scones with butter and jam in bed the day after Valentine's... not amazing but I tried!

ReputationRep:
    I've been proposed to by three different men. I guess that's romantic.

ReputationRep:
    Barf. Seriously....

ReputationRep:
    stop ruining the sweet romantic thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    cuddling on the bed while watching a dvd, kissing my cheek when i am being cute, hugging me while I sleep, holding me when I feel bad....
    surprise dinners, flowers he is such a nice guy and being romantic is nice but i am not very romantic nor is he

ReputationRep:
    how lovely of me to ignore the other thread hi-jackers, albeit their conversation being a bit interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    Not at all.

I'm a law graduate (not that doesnt mean you can be sleazy, but im just sayin im not like that). But whatever y'know, believe what you want.
    Haha, I'm sorry but that really doesn't help your case. The last time I shadowed a barrister another old wrinkly barrister came up and said "who's this piece of hot totty? You're secretary eh?" Wink wink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bone-machine)
    i had one guy who fancied me for ages sneak an anon love cd in my bag for valentines day with the BEST love songs on it..that was SO touching..if i hadnt been with my guy id have fallen like a stone..i was actually in tears listening to it it was so sweet
    Sorry to ruin the tone, but I found that disturbing.. how would you feel if a girl brought your bf to tears with a romantic gesture??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    Sorry to ruin the tone, but I found that disturbing.. how would you feel if a girl brought your bf to tears with a romantic gesture??
    i'd beat the girl up and lock her in the chimp cage if i were her

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really big on grand romantic gestures and spending lots of money. I think you remember the little things. Although when my ex went to uni I sent him a box of little things to remember me by.

ReputationRep:
    Dude that was funny, but ya betta believe ya gona get badrepped to death by the chix on here.
    Not really, because he's actually joking and it's actually funny.

ReputationRep:
    Dude that was funny, but ya betta believe ya gona get badrepped to death by the chix on here.
    Women love it when you call them that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot Fairy)
    Not really, because he's actually joking and it's actually funny.
    merci apricot fairy. je t'aime

ReputationRep:
    chix rep doesnt count:rolleyes:

[just kidding]

ReputationRep:
    lol, I'd say that was funny, but by the looks of it, it'd be me that'd cop tha flak.
    some people need to chill thats for sure.
    Disclaimer: not thinking of anyone in particular - this may be not used against me to incite more neg rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    - Her: "I'd still really like to kiss you."
    Me: "Really? Oh, go on then."
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Um, this is all a little embarassing, but here are a few things I've done:

- midnight picnics with champagne
    - getting a star named after someone and going star gazing at the beach with copious quantities of mulled wine
    - writing a poem for someone
    - drawing a picture for someone of all of the things she loved
    - taking someone horse-riding for their birthday (and ending up with aching....)
    - going to see someone in the dead of night to tell her i loved her
    - making someone a Valentine's day card

Anyhows, I'll post some others another time. :blushing:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.