Turn on thread page Beta

most romantic thing? come on, gush watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right, you two, that's ENOUGH. No more spats in here, thank you.

Let everyone else carry on about spending their boyfriend's money...

ReputationRep:
    I used to send my ex boyfriend love letters even though we saw each other every day, and I'd disguise my handwriting on the envelope so he didn't know it was me before he opened it.

What a waste of paper that was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    Back on topic.....the most romantic thing anyone ever said to me was after we'd been together for ages and were talking marriage etc (I KNOW lol) he said "baby in the next life don't leave me wandering around on my own for 25 years before I find you". Cheesy but beautiful.

Then of course he went off with someone else but that's a different story lol.
    and u still didn't have him killed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot Fairy)
    Profesh does long words so much better than you, PB. Stick to the monosyllables; you'll feel much more at ease.
    i knew you'd fall under my spell eventually....
    :date: so what is the most romantic thing u would do for me?
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrteacher)
    and u still didn't have him killed?
    It'll be the easiest £50 you ever make......:cool:

ReputationRep:
    mmmmm....easy money

My bf turned up at my house on pancake day last year with a camping stove, pancake mix and maple syrup and we drove to the beach at midnight and ate hot pancakes. was lush, but he always does things like that

ReputationRep:
    I keep telling this story, but it is the best thing we've ever done. Was seriously lovely;

walking down one of the most beautiful beaches in Devon, if not the UK (actually it is, 3rd best). Both slightly tipsy (more giggly) and it was really dark! We started walking and walking until we got to a rock which is a mile down the beach. We were stumbling around as you do...So decided to run up and down the sand dunes.

Eventually fell on the floor, totally arsing around and we stopped, he turned to me and told me (as you do when you're inebrated) that what we'd had in our 2/3 odd years together meant so much to him and that whatever happened between us in the future wouldn't ever mean that he would forget those special moments etc. He then 'I really love you and I always will' and kissed me on the top of my head and cuddled me for about five minutes, before taking my hand, putting his other arm around my back and us stumbling back up the beach without saying a word until we went through the front door.

and then for valentines day he did loads of cheesy things which meant so much to me as they were immature things, being v immature and liking the cliched things - i loved it.

ReputationRep:
    not a bf but a d8 bought me a white rose on 1st d8 and a bracelet on 2nd date and all i cud think 2 buy him was a packet of fruit gums!!
    but the distance got 2 far for me so i broke it off.we still talk.he has a great way with words and did these pics 4 me about how he was feeling.very artistic!!
    wish he didnt live so far away
    Name:  heart2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  heart1.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  111.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    Back on topic.....the most romantic thing anyone ever said to me was after we'd been together for ages and were talking marriage etc (I KNOW lol) he said "baby in the next life don't leave me wandering around on my own for 25 years before I find you". Cheesy but beautiful.

Then of course he went off with someone else but that's a different story lol.
    wow thats so cute...i don't know whether to puke or go awwww! hehe! do you think it was a line?? i can imagine a dude sayin that and winking...*cringe* hehe hope he wasn't like that though!

and psch who needs men! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My bf turned up at my house on pancake day last year with a camping stove, pancake mix and maple syrup and we drove to the beach at midnight and ate hot pancakes. was lush, but he always does things like that
    awww Pratik! That's so cute!
    Well...you did write him a poem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzy)
    wow thats so cute...i don't know whether to puke or go awwww! hehe! do you think it was a line?? i can imagine a dude sayin that and winking...*cringe* hehe hope he wasn't like that though!

The Human Race?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this counts as the most "romantic" thing, but it is what really meant the most to me. I was really unwell in April last year for 5 weeks, I couldn't go into school or anything and I couldn't get out of bed or eat much and I just felt absolutely dreadful. Tom, my boyfriend, came to see me literally every day, for as long as he could. He came every free lesson and every lunch time, and sometime if I was feeling particularly bad, he would even stay through his next lesson to look after me. He came every single weekend from morning til night and looked after me, cooked all my meals, helped me to recover slowly and to move around, and did everything for me. I live with my parents but my relationship with them is less than perfect and they both work full time anyway.
    It might not be romantic in a conventional sense but he really cared for me and I saw just how much he loved me and how much I depended on him. It was the sweetest thing anybody has ever done for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    Sorry to ruin the tone, but I found that disturbing.. how would you feel if a girl brought your bf to tears with a romantic gesture??

im entitled to be touched at someone condensing their deepest feelings into a complation cd for me..i didnt break up with my bf.....last time i checked you cant control your tear ducts easily. i was crying partly becuase i was so tocuhed, partly because i felt so guilty for not wanting to run into his arms as im sure he hoped i would

sigh*
    dont be disturbed! sheesh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Girl Red)
    I'm not sure if this counts as the most "romantic" thing, but it is what really meant the most to me. I was really unwell in April last year for 5 weeks, I couldn't go into school or anything and I couldn't get out of bed or eat much and I just felt absolutely dreadful. Tom, my boyfriend, came to see me literally every day, for as long as he could. He came every free lesson and every lunch time, and sometime if I was feeling particularly bad, he would even stay through his next lesson to look after me. He came every single weekend from morning til night and looked after me, cooked all my meals, helped me to recover slowly and to move around, and did everything for me. I live with my parents but my relationship with them is less than perfect and they both work full time anyway.
    It might not be romantic in a conventional sense but he really cared for me and I saw just how much he loved me and how much I depended on him. It was the sweetest thing anybody has ever done for me.
    That is probably the most romantic thing you could do for someone. And be sane.

Muse = great.

The most romantic thing I've done?

Got hammered in Kew Gardens with her.

Does cooking a candle-lit meal for her count?

Oh wait. She did that for me.

Nope. Pass.

ReputationRep:
    awk the same guy composed a song with his feelings-think he was well upset but he wants me 2 see it bein played at a gig.is this normal i mean we werent goin out-just couple of weeks of intense-ness.??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzy)

lol I don't know....his letters were equally schmaltzy (I read them when I'm drunk and giggle lol). I like to think he meant it at the time....and no it didn't get me into the sack so if that was his master plan he failed muahaha.

Maybe they worked on the other chick.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I wrote a song about her once.

It was bitter sweet and a v. early attempt at song writing.

Chrous:
    If this is what it's like to be in love,
    I'll steer well clear...thank you.
    I feel high when Im with you,
    I feel low when Im breathing you,
    So I think Ill just sit here,
    and be happy just the same.

God that's bad.
    Not at all romantic.
    Just ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Actually I wrote a song about her once.

It was bitter sweet and a v. early attempt at song writing.

Chrous:
    If this is what it's like to be in love,
    I'll steer well clear...thank you.
    I feel high when Im with you,
    I feel low when Im breathing you,
    So I think Ill just sit here,
    and be happy just the same.

God that's bad.
    Not at all romantic.
    Just ****.
    :laugh: breathing you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Phone calls every day.
    Actually it was more the expectation that I was to speak to her for an hour plus every other day.

I think the fact I groaned every time I picked up the phone and it was her encouraged her.
    Spiteful so and so. :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.