The Student Room Group

Self Tanning Wipes

As an inexperienced user of fake tan, when I heard the idea of self tanning wipes, I've been wanting to try them ever since!

Has anyone tried them and how easy are they to use? I've heard that people that normally don't use fake tan (like myself) are more likely to find the wipes much more simpler to use and get an even tone. Also, where are the best places to buy them? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Fake tans.

R.I.P my boner.
Reply 2
Original post by MathematicsKiller
Fake tans.

R.I.P my boner.

No worries, I don't want to leave my house looking like a walking orange, just as long as I don't come out looking like a walking milk bottle.
Original post by Nfergs
No worries, I don't want to leave my house looking like a walking orange, just as long as I don't come out looking like a walking milk bottle.

Pale skin doesn't look bad.

Why not avoid the risk of becoming:

oompaloompa1.png

????
An old teacher of mine used to use tanning wipes and she was left with orange fingers where she'd held the wipes :erm:
Every time I have seen these in the shops I've failed to see how they could provide a natural and even result..... It just seems so, well, slap on colour! :erm:
i live in ireland , you can buy them in most chemists here, it's probly the same in the uk. they're quite cheap maybe 3 euro for a packet. be careful the first time you try them out because they can turn out streaky if you're not used do using them , so maybe try them out on like your stomach or somewhere noone will see the first time . make sure to wash your hands when your finished and let it dry for a few mins before putting clothes on. they're quite easy to use though :smile: oh and if you want a deeper tan use them for a few days in a row. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by sarahthegemini
An old teacher of mine used to use tanning wipes and she was left with orange fingers where she'd held the wipes :erm:

Well that can be easily avoided by using gloves.
I'd give them a go, but maybe try somewhere discreet for your first try in case it goes wrong. If you've not self tanned before you might want to try one of the gradual tanning lotions? I think Johnson and Dove both do them.

Also a general tip for avoiding streaks is to make sure you exfoliate before you apply the tan.

Good luck, let us know how you get on!
Reply 9
:yep: Yup, the exfoliating process is no problem since I already have an exfoliation routine for my skin anyway. Think it would be okay to use some moisturiser on my skin before trying the wipes/lotion like I normally door is it best to go straight into using them without moistrising?
Reply 10
Original post by fleur de lis
Also a general tip for avoiding streaks is to make sure you exfoliate before you apply the tan.

:yep: Yup, the exfoliating process is no problem since I already have an exfoliation routine for my skin anyway. Think it would be okay to use some moisturiser on my skin before trying the wipes/lotion like I normally door is it best to go straight into using them without moistrising?
I'm quite an experienced fake tanner and I've tried loads of different brands. I've recently discovered a really good fake tan. It's really cheap, easy to put on and gives a great, even colour that actually lasts! It's called soltan beautiful bronze tanning lotion and you get it in boots for £8.99 Put that on with a tanning mitt and you'll be tanned in no time :smile:
Original post by Nfergs

NO !!!

NEVER EVER EVER moisturise before putting fake tan on!

Exfoliate in the shower and dry yourself thoroughly and then put it on but never use moisturiser or it will go all weird. I get dry skin but I use loads of body shop body scrub in the shower and I find it makes my skin feel soft so I don't need moisturiser. Definitely use that for best results.
Reply 13
Original post by littleone271
NO !!!

NEVER EVER EVER moisturise before putting fake tan on!

Exfoliate in the shower and dry yourself thoroughly and then put it on but never use moisturiser or it will go all weird. I get dry skin but I use loads of body shop body scrub in the shower and I find it makes my skin feel soft so I don't need moisturiser. Definitely use that for best results.

Ah, thanks for the heads up! Now I can finally put to use the body shop gift set I got for Christmas. :rolleyes:
Original post by Nfergs
Ah, thanks for the heads up! Now I can finally put to use the body shop gift set I got for Christmas. :rolleyes:

Good! lol which one have you got? My favourite is the mango one :smile:

And definitely try the soltan beautiful bronze lotion, I think I might actually prefer it to spray tans!
Reply 15
Original post by littleone271
Good! lol which one have you got? My favourite is the mango one :smile:

And definitely try the soltan beautiful bronze lotion, I think I might actually prefer it to spray tans!

I originally got given a strawberry one, and then last Christmas I also got a coconut one :grin:
I used the superdrugs own ones the other day and theyre reallly good! Only had a little patch of white left on my back :biggrin:
dont justify yourself to someone who only see's you as an object anyway! Poo to this person!
Best tanning wipes I have used are Lanaform self tanning wipes. They gave me the best, smoothest coverage and not too orange! Not sure where to get them from in the UK though, I got mine during a trip to Germany.
I tried them wipes out this morning. And the tans not appearing. How long does it take? 😕

Quick Reply

Latest