The Student Room Group

Problem with friend & girl I'm seeing.

So here's the story.
Last week girl X and I kissed at a party, and later that week admitted we had feelings for each other. Which was great. Until she told me that she found out that my best friend Y likes her too. I was completely shocked. I have been wanting to go out with her since New Year, and I thought it was obvious to Y that I liked her. Anyway, we decided that I would talk to Y before we did anything and see what the deal was, like would he be upset if we went out or if he had gotten over her yet. But I didn't get the chance to as he was off school a few days and I didn't really get to see him when he was at school. But when I did, he treated me with cool detachment, and behaved quite aggressively. So I text him that night, asking if he was okay. He said he was, so I was like okay.
SO today I got a text from one of his friends, Z. She told me that she was disappointed in me (for not coming to see the show that they were both in, blah blah), to which I replied saying that I was looking forward to seeing a film out this week that we had all planned to see ages ago. She text back saying that Y had told her that I wasn't going, which was strange, because a few days ago he told me he was going to book tickets for it. So I replied saying that I was under the impression I was still going with them, and that I must've been uninvited.

I'm just surprised that Y has acted this way. He never gave me any clue that he liked X, and apparently he only started liking her 3 weeks ago!? It's not like I stole her from him or anything like that. So what do I do? I am planning on talking to him tomorrow if possible, but what should I say? I know the code is Bros before Hoes, but I'm worried that its too late and that I'm going to lose my best friend.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Rather than posting all of that on here, why don't you tell him all of that tomorrow :smile: Just explain everything and if he doesn't understand or is still being off, then clearly he has thrown the Bros before Hoes code out of the window. Good luck :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending