Turn on thread page Beta

Get yourself a pet wasp! watch

ReputationRep:
    Apparently if you catch a wasp and put it in a fridge it will go into a state of inactivity and you can then glue a piece of string to it and hey presto you have a wasp on a string. I havent tried it myself but has anyone and do they know if it works? Soz for the slightly confusing typing but im a tiny bit drunk

ReputationRep:
    It should work yes. I have done it with flies, to get them to keep still for photos. I thought you were going going to talk about potter wasps.

ReputationRep:
    Now why can't i ponder over such things as pet wasps when i'm drunk? :p:

i want a pet..um pokemon..

ReputationRep:
    That involves getting a lot closer to a wasp than i want to be :s:

ReputationRep:
    *tries to find a wasp*

ReputationRep:
    Wait till the weather warms up.

ReputationRep:
    No wasps for me. One sat on my arm and viciously stabbed its sting into me while I watched in stupefied horror.

ReputationRep:
    pet wasps won't agree with me! *they will sting me and being possibly allergic to them would not be very clever!* and when the weather warms up i will be hiding from the buggers!
    Run Away

ReputationRep:
    oooh

could you teach it to fly through a hoop?!

ReputationRep:
    Wasps are the spawn of Satan, they're the one thing (alongside bumble-bees) that make me wish there were more spiders in the world. And I'm terrified of spiders.

ReputationRep:
    Wasps are evil. Most insects and animals do have something positive to give back to the environment, but wasps don't. They are evil. And should be detroyed. All of them. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Wasps are evil. Most insects and animals do have something positive to give back to the environment, but wasps don't. They are evil. And should be detroyed. All of them. :bawling:
    *hides his pet wasp*

awwww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    In some countries people tie strings to the legs of katydids (large, cricket like things). The katydids try so hard to get free they may tear off their limbs. Yuck. I hope that doesn't happen to the wasp (if anyone tries this experiment). Be kind to animals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casey)
    Wasps are the spawn of Satan, they're the one thing (alongside bumble-bees) that make me wish there were more spiders in the world. And I'm terrified of spiders.
    yeah don't start me on fear of spiders and 8 have good cause to be petrified of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casey)
    If you spray them with enough hairspray their wings stick together and they fall to the floor thrashing around where you can either stamp on them or wait for them to sting themselves to death. Hoovering them up with a Dyson is also quite effective if you get a wasp stuck in a room, although I have nightmares about them crawling out again, all deformed and seeking revenge.

I'm all for animals usually, life-long vegetarian and so on, but I agree, wasps deserve any horrible fate they get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet Adeline)
    If you spray them with enough hairspray their wings stick together and they fall to the floor thrashing around where you can either stamp on them or wait for them to sting themselves to death. Hoovering them up with a Dyson is also quite effective if you get a wasp stuck in a room, although I have nightmares about them crawling out again, all deformed and seeking revenge.

I'm all for animals usually, life-long vegetarian and so on, but I agree, wasps deserve any horrible fate they get.
    nah spray em with hairspray and then set tghem alight! it is a purfect light! especially at night!

ReputationRep:
    Either of those would mean staying in the same room as the wasp, not an option :p: !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but they are certainly not as evil as spiders! *remembers big evil spider*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casey)
    Either of those would mean staying in the same room as the wasp, not an option :p: !
    Given. I usually enlist other people by sort of crying at them. People always think it's a big overreaction, which of course it isn't, staying in the same house is impressive enough.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Someone who understand my pain! I had a panic attack once when one flew into the car and my Dad couldn't stop for ages. :afraid: :bawling:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.