Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can never get them to match. One is always better than the other. I'm beginning to give up and just accept they're unequal.

ReputationRep:
    Have them threaded? Only takes a minute!

ReputationRep:
    Yer what?

ReputationRep:
    It's the Indian (I think) method of plucking eyebrows ... they do something or other with a thread which tears all the hairs out in one go. Better than fiddling about with tweezers :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm highly skilled with the tweezers. I'm just absolutely crap at getting them to match.

ReputationRep:
    Make a cardboard template and tweeze around it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacedonkey)
    It's the Indian (I think) method of plucking eyebrows ... they do something or other with a thread which tears all the hairs out in one go. Better than fiddling about with tweezers :P
    and is really painful.. i had it done once and the woman left little scars all over my eyebrows.. i stick to plucking asnd yes one of mine always looks worse than the other. Threading isn't also guaranteed to give you matching eyebrows.. i know my sister's didnt!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend having them done professionally. If you can't afford, or just don't to spend money on, having them done professionally all the time, you could just do it once in order to get them even and nicely shaped and thereafter just pluck the stray hairs yourself.

And remember everyone, don't overpluck!

ReputationRep:
    whose eyebrows are ever even? i'm forever striving to get them perfectly matched, til i end up with about one hair on each... it never works. my tip is just pluck the strays and use an eyebrow pencil to give an even line

ReputationRep:
    get them waxed! i always do!

ReputationRep:
    Actually it's interesting that so many people are complaining about uneven eyebrows- I always thought that so many people had perfectly symmetrical brows (I was jealous you see)... Guess that proves that we notice the unevenness of our own brows and other people generally don't. Makes me feel a little better!

I dont pluck! Even though I have a monobrow :eek:

ReputationRep:
    They're already amazingly shaped so I don't need to go to a salon, I just have trouble getting them to match.

I think I'll create an emo fringe over the dodgy eyebrow...

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem, I can't ever get them the same, I swear one is actually higher set on the brow bone than the other, but its probably all the mucking about I've done to it. :O[

(Original post by zoea85)
    I have the same problem, I can't ever get them the same, I swear one is actually higher set on the brow bone than the other, but its probably all the mucking about I've done to it. :O[

Shave them off and start again :p:
    btw Dont you hate it when boys get their eyebows done urgggg

ReputationRep:
    My 11-year-old brother asks me to pluck his monobrow...

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think guys should pluck in the middle if they have a monobrow... I can't stand a mono! But other than that I think they should leave them be. Obvious styling on guy's eyebrows mostly just looks ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    like other people have suggested, i would opt for getting them done professionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl afraid)
    I can never get them to match. One is always better than the other. I'm beginning to give up and just accept they're unequal.

that is why you only get rid of the 'straglers' and don't touch the actual shape of your eyebrow..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacedonkey)
    Have them threaded? Only takes a minute!
    i had mine threaded and never again. she took hair from above the eyebrow which you are never supposed to do, but it looks awful when you let it regrow. ive only just managed to semi sort out the mess threading caused my eyebrows. the more you take from above, the more it encourages growth and apparently it starts heading towards the hairline and you get massive eyebrows.

but id recommend getting waxed to get a shape and then just pluck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2006
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.