Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    just wondering if anyone knows how ucas process their offers/rejections when they hear from uni's is it all done alphabetically according to surname or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Hi!
    just wondering if anyone knows how ucas process their offers/rejections when they hear from uni's is it all done alphabetically according to surname or anything?
    I think it is done by order of date of confirmation from the uni - i.e.) If Oxford tell UCAS first about an offer/rejection, then this would be processed first.

I could be wrong, and probably am..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I think it is done by order of date of confirmation from the uni - i.e.) If Oxford tell UCAS first about an offer/rejection, then this would be processed first.

I could be wrong, and probably am..
    No idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    No idea!
    It could just be randomly processed, i.e.) they get all the confirmations from the uni and just process it in any order!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! tanx!

But what i meant was if say a uni sends out 50 offers to ucas are those put in a database and processed alphabetically according to surname?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Hey! tanx!

But what i meant was if say a uni sends out 50 offers to ucas are those put in a database and processed alphabetically according to surname?
    Sorry SAM, I'm really not quite sure

ReputationRep:
    When replying to UCAS with our firm and insurance choices, if we reply via the UCAS web service then do we still have to reply via the final decisions letter sent to us as well???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    When replying to UCAS with our firm and insurance choices, if we reply via the UCAS web service then do we still have to reply via the final decisions letter sent to us as well???
    No. You just reply one way or the other. I replied via the website and received the UCAS confirmation of my choices by post a couple of days later (and I'm not in the UK). Obviously the tracker shows your choices immediately.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.