Nights out clubblin Watch

NeverMindThat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DanGrover)
I gotta say, NeverMindThat seems to be destroying everyone here. As people against it's use, the onus is on those opposing NeverMindThat to provide evidence (actual evidence, not newspaper articles) of it's brain-destroying tendencies, which has been lacking so far. He has continued this debate in a formal and well versed fashion, something that cannot be said for everyone against him, so, from a person who entered this debate with an open and neutral mindset, NMT is kicking arse here.
Thankyou, I did a lot of research before and after taking ecstasy for the first time, and have adjusted my usage accordingly. I am a firm believer that a large portion of illegal drugs are firstly usable without compromising short or long term health, and secondly both more fun and safer than alcohol. Most things in moderation are fine, in my opinion, although this does not stretch to physicially addictive substances such as cocaine, heroin and nicotine.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I remember me and my brother were out one night and someone had put stuck some money onto the floor. We tried to get it up while all the time the people were inside the bar laughing at us.
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know quite a few intelligent people who use illegal drugs. Oh well.
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by B_e_x)
I know quite a few intelligent people who use illegal drugs. Oh well.
Same. I take drugs, i'm holding down uni, a job and a decent social life.
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by erk)
Same. I take drugs, i'm holding down uni, a job and a decent social life.
As do I, obviously.
Inclination
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NeverMindThat)
Actually (and minimizing information here to preserve anonymity) I am an organiser of a society which does all of those kinds of things. I am an instructor at one (again not saying which because it betrays my ID), and reasonably high level at the other. Its an entirely different experience, and I've tried it as I am open minded, ie for the same reasons I have tried bungee jumping. They all have a risk attached to them (although E is actually lower than say parachuting), but its worth it for the experience.
May God be with you. You're helping to allocate clean needles for heroin users rather than helping to end the addiction? (Honestly, tell me what the beneficial effects of heroin are...please, enlighten me.)

Regarding the effects of E: potential risks include the swelling of the brain, collapse, coma, and death. Sounds lovely. http://www.brookes.ac.uk/health/libra/ecstasy.html! It's a British site too, if you please.

And I actually intern at a courthouse that prosecutes people for all sorts of crimes: including the use of illegal substances. Cheers for both our work.

(Original post by nevermindthat)

I am not "***ing" up my body in any way. Extremely occasional use has no side effects.
You mean no side effects besides insomnia, anxiety, depression, mental instability, and paranoia. Besides the swelling of the brain, the annihilation of nerves in the brain...

This is amusing. Continue.
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Apricot Fairy)
If you want to give advice about ecstasy, I suggest you learn how to spell it.
Why is this neccesary?
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_lee)
I'm sorry, but in my opinion, no-one sensible even tries illegal substances, let alone buy them.
Is this because the government has perfect information on the drugs and is going to act perfectly rationally?
This is such a flawed argument. Please think before you post.

Regards, Paul.

(I am intelligent and have taken drugs. I am intrigued that it was mentioned that nobody sensible buys from a club. Is one supposed to have friends who are drug dealers then?)
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://ecstasy.org/info/dangers.html

One Is enough.
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As that article correclty states, the cause of death was drinking too much water.
Misinformation is the biggest killer with drugs.

I would recommend NOT taking alcohol with ecstasy.
Furthermore, water should be sipped, never gulped, and taken frequently.

Unlike with alcohol you are rarely at the stage when you cannot think relatively lucidly.
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Apricot Fairy)
That's because most of the people who write it are retarded, hence the wildly differing variations in spelling.

Google greengrocers' apostrophe.
Frank isnt retarded :eek: Talk to him, he'll tell you it is also known as xtc
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Why is this neccesary?
Did you misspell "necessary" on purpose?

Sorry, just had to ask!
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes I did.
It was Iwony.
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Inclination)
May God be with you. You're helping to allocate clean needles for heroin users rather than helping to end the addiction? (Honestly, tell me what the beneficial effects of heroin are...please, enlighten me.)
I am? News to me.
Regarding the effects of E: potential risks include the swelling of the brain, collapse, coma, and death. Sounds lovely. http://www.brookes.ac.uk/health/libra/ecstasy.html! It's a British site too, if you please.

And I actually intern at a courthouse that prosecutes people for all sorts of crimes: including the use of illegal substances. Cheers for both our work.
The site you have linked to is easily spotted as propeganda; Take this phrase for example;
Ecstasy is a hallucinogenic stimulant. Some pills can cause a distortion of sound and vision. Hallucinations will be caused by pills that contain drugs like LSD or ketamine.
Ecstasy itself ISNT a hallucinogenic stimulant, thats simply not true. It even goes on to admit that the hallucinations arn't caused by ecstasy. It then sites LSD being mixed in. This is almost unheard of; LSD is massively more expensive than ecstasy so this would be stupid.

You mean no side effects besides insomnia, anxiety, depression, mental instability, and paranoia. Besides the swelling of the brain, the annihilation of nerves in the brain...

This is amusing. Continue.
Where are you getting this from? Link to studies.

I can assure you that I have suffered none of those effects, and that no studies show those effects in temporary users (and "swelling of the brain"... You really need to do your research is all I can say! Try that being the side -effect of too much water, and nothing to do with ecstasy at all!).

This is typical of the anti-drugs campaign. Simply tie bad words like "swelling of the brain" and "coma" to ecstasy, when in fact the cases being referred to are due to literally "water poisoning" and not ecstasy at all.

Even the site you linked to say that the long term effects are heavily debated, and that short term effects, affecting only SOME users, clear up with cessation of use.

How you created your post from the link you cited is beyond me.
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Misinformation kills.
Get that through your head.
Tell the kiddies the truth.
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hanzing)
http://ecstasy.org/info/dangers.html

One Is enough.

You realise that Leah banks DID NOT DIE from taking ecstasy. She died from water poisioning as a DIRECT result of all the scare tactics about dehydration in the media. Had the government and media been more honest about the dangers of dehydratiuon (ie that you should not drink any more water than normal, just remember to drink that much), Leah would be alive. She died because she drank several litres of water and alcohol without peeing, and it caused her organs to swell.

Try drinking several litres of water without peeing, ecstasy or not, you WILL die.

Using cases like this as scare tactics is entirely dishonest.

EDIT: On closer inspection even the article you linked to makes this point! The author goes on to say that a high number of "legitimate" activities are more risky than ecstasy (such as fishing)! He also links Leahs death to tabloid and school scare tactics resulting in over consumption of water. I love it, even the evidence you cite supports my argument.
Higgy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I manage quite well to go clubbing without the need for E, the music is my drug, just need some red bull and pro plus to keep my awake and im fine! My friend got dragged onto the podium next to the DJ booth by this MC and he was dancing with her for ages but the bouncers came and told her to get down lol
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Higgy)
I manage quite well to go clubbing without the need for E, the music is my drug, just need some red bull and pro plus to keep my awake and im fine! My friend got dragged onto the podium next to the DJ booth by this MC and he was dancing with her for ages but the bouncers came and told her to get down lol
The long term health problems associated with caffeine binging are HUGELY in excess of E. What exactly, besides legality (which it has already been demonstrated is a pretty poor measure of anything), makes Caffeine "ok" but E not?

This "I dont need drugs to have fun" argument is ridiculous. You dont need music or alcohol or dancing or friends to have fun. You could have fun sitting in silence in a darkened room. Whats your point? Surely the issue is having MORE fun. Trust me, clubbing with E is more fun than clubbing without. A LOT more fun.
Higgy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But i dont want to take something that may kill me, or do you find that weird? I dont want to take stuff to make me completely lose control thank you very much
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ecstasy doesnt usually result in you losing control. some people dont look any different when they're on pills.
Alcohol makes me lose control far more than pills ever could.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (51)
26.56%
No (141)
73.44%

Watched Threads