The Student Room Group

Cambridge Uni tuition funding - after missed deadlines

Hey all!

I'm applying for a MPhil in Bioscience Enterprise at Cambridge Uni. Everything seems to go all right till this stage apart from the FUNDING. Basically I missed all the deadlines for grants/scholarships offered by the Uni - I know, my bad. The course costs 11 000 quid, and I cannot afford paying such ridonkulous fees.

So here's my question: can anyone advise me of some last resort funding opportunities? I've heard that you can find private sponsorships or some companies can pay for your masters if you agree to work for them after graduation. Did anyone heard of it/had some experience? I know that it might seem a bit naive at this stage, but it would be a shame if I missed such an excellent programme just because I can't lay out 11 000 pounds.

Thanks a lot for any advice!
Reply 1
The private sponsorship is usually found when that student is already working for that company. Can you contact the university and see if they can offer any help? I'm guessing they would be the ones "in the know". Maybe even try to speak to current/old students on the course.

As a last resort, you could try to get a career development loan for barclays or the co-op.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending