nottingham is the 4th most vioent
is peterborough more violent than manc and brum

i dont think so

stop making stats up

27.00 per 1000 in nottingham
much higher than peterborough
Violence against the person (Nottingham): 27.8 per 1000
Violence against the person (Peterborough): 28.9 per 1000

Though i quite agree that the stats for burglary, robbery and theft are much higher in Nottingham (though broadly comparable to say, Bristol).
andyreid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by acisejica)
u cant actually call nottingham a *dump* though can u.
Because, to be honest, its not.

yes i can,cos to be honest,it is
acisejica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by andyreid)
yes i can,cos to be honest,it is
how sad and ignorant :rolleyes: poor u
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by acisejica)
how sad and ignorant :rolleyes: poor u
Yes I agree, he's just here to have a good arguement. Just ignore
acisejica
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom)
Yes I agree, he's just here to have a good arguement. Just ignore
i'll try......
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you are willing to travel into the city a bit, rather than staying in the "burbs" you would find it a much more pleasurable experience. I have been visiting Nottingham for 5 years now, living here for 4 (well, Nottinghamshire anyway) and it is improving all the time.

Transport systems for example, well will be when the tram finally opens.

New shopping centre, I am refering to broadmarsh there, which is soon to be rebuilt as they are aware of it's *****yness.

More and more top gigs/concerts/comedians/theatre is appearing. Thanks to the ice stadium.

Corner house has arrived, bringing with it Works, and loadsa in city movies. Have you tried media???? that used to be good. Noone who wants a good night out goes to OCEAN!!!!! FOOL.

Shootings tend to be St Anns/Meadows, although that has calmed down loads with new policing, now it is more in Radford.

Plus if you look up above the shop fronts, you will see some beutiful architecture exists in the city.

Explore the county more, there are some beutiful places, Wollato park being one example.

I LOVE Nottingham, I used to live Birmingham way, and it is loads better, I have never been stuck for anything to do, and things are improving.

As for the job front!! You aren't likely to ever have the options you would in London, ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY. The reason they have more salary there, is due to high cost of living.

Where have you moved from?? May understand your hatred...
rah
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
Corner house has arrived, bringing with it Works, and loadsa in city movies. Have you tried media???? that used to be good. Noone who wants a good night out goes to OCEAN!!!!! FOOL.
if you are wasted enough ocean can be great...*ahem* seriously people, thursday's ocean is the place to be. anyway the sheer choice of options for a night out is what makes nottingham great, this is coming from someone who lives in london..

i don't understand why this guy is going on about how horrendous nottingham is but also how he likes the university and hasn't left yet, er hello?

surely you looked around the place before you came here?
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by covered farm wa)
Where abouts is the self catered accomodation? I was having a look on the website but I got a bit confused.
I'm in Broadgate Park which is just outside the university. If you look at the map on the uni website, it's just to the left of the West Entrance. Literally across the road. There's also some self-catered accommodation at Jubilee Campus which is a bit more expensive, but nicer than Broadgate. It's further away from the main campus than Broadgate, but it's walkable and there are free buses between the two. As far I know, there is no self-catering accommodation at Sutton Bonnington (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

*edited cos I can't tell left from right...*
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lmao

ont even dare debate peterborough got more crime than nottingham
Sorry, I just did.

lmao
ahaha peterborough
lol ive been there and it aint got more crime than nottingham,you ve made that one up
I said it was in my experience. I lived there for fourteen years...strangely I think I know what it's like a little better than someone who's just visited.

compare peterborough to nottingham on upmystreet.com and youll find that your statement is complete rubbish
I'm going on my own experiences, actual things that have happened to me, rather than a website. People can write anything on a website, it doesn't mean much.
andyreid
Rep:
?
(Original post by .NK)
Sorry, I just did.

ahahahja

evem that other girl proved that notts smashed peterborough for crime

3 times more robberies etc

why say peterborough got more crime when you know ful well that the home office stats prove otherwise

lololol,i think you are struggling here
andyreid
Rep:
?
ahahahja

evem that other girl proved that notts smashed peterborough for crime

3 times more robberies etc

why say peterborough got more crime when you know ful well that the home office stats prove otherwise

lololol,i think you are struggling here

i win debate obviouisly over
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
try spelling correctly then arguing!
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What subject are you studying? Your grammar and spelling is awful- I'm finding it hard to believe that you actually attend any university let alone Nottingham!
andyreid
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
What subject are you studying? Your grammar and spelling is awful- I'm finding it hard to believe that you actually attend any university let alone Nottingham!

lol a grown adults finding typos funny at there age
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol a grown adults finding typos funny at there age
I don't find typos funny and anyway spelling their 'there' is not a typo, it's a grammatical error.
andyreid
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
I don't find typos funny and anyway spelling their 'there' is not a typo, it's a grammatical error.

lol at you marking every ones post
are you the cyber spell checker
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol at you marking every ones post
are you the cyber spell checker
I'm not marking anyone's posts- just surprised that someone with such a lack of basic English skills attends Nottingham (which I thought was among the best universities in England). Which was why I asked which course you do because I know that to get into Law, for example, they ask for really high grades.
andyreid
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
I'm not marking anyone's posts- just surprised that someone with such a lack of basic English skills attends Nottingham (which I thought was among the best universities in England). Which was why I asked which course you do because I know that to get into Law, for example, they ask for really high grades.

a)im doing economics

b)i dont check my grammer,or my spellings,as its just a message board

do you spell check your m8s text messages?????

"suz how r u 2 day" suz replies the text by *no it should be how are you today*
rah
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
a)im doing economics
you are doing economics therefore you got AAA, i find this highly unlikely..
sukh_b
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rah)
you are doing economics therefore you got AAA, i find this highly unlikely..
Why do you find this unlikely?Jus cos he cudnt give a flyin f*ck about his grammer.This is only a forum, not a SPAG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammer) test.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Are you chained to your phone?