Help! Help! Help! Watch

kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Also, what about science? Shouldn't you take at least one for GCSE? Coursework will be a big problem unless you can get a teacher to mark them for you, but with no experience of the British education system, it would be pretty difficult. Then there are the oral exams for languages- you'll need someone to do those with you, or you can get an external examiner.
valeryblack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Matbe I should try then to give only As and A lvel ? I thought that it is possible...
Excalibur
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You have to submit your GCSEs, however bad they are. Likewise with A level predictions (in your case, your actual grades probably). You can choose to decline your AS grades.
valeryblack
Rep:
?
But I can give only As and A-levels, can't I ? Because I have the base needed gor GCSEs in maths for example, but it's bad that one has got to sit exams in sooooo many subjects. And it would be easier to concentrate on 4-5 subjects for As and A rather than carry 7 for GCSEs
Purple
Report 12 years ago
What are the romanian equivilent to GCSE's? Maybe it you done a few more A Levels than normal your romanian equivilent to GCSE's will be enough?
valeryblack
Rep:
?
Maybe I could do for As and A-levels maths, further maths, economics, spanish and german (I just love these 2). It's just that my British Council isn't giving me any straight answer. I might have to apply to distance learning...and NEC doesn't offer further maths and languages for A level It's SO annoying...
By the way...is it possible to have maths and further maths without taking any module of mechanics? It's a part of maths I've never studied before..and as it is a part of physics that I absolutely hate (in fact, I dislike physics )I'm not going to be very happy with any modules
Anyone knows any decent distance learning programme which can also offer me a place for the examination itself ? Excepting NEC

Purple
Report 12 years ago
http://www.ool.co.uk You could try them?

I think you can choose which maths modules you do so you wont have to do any mechanics.

Why dont you do an A Level in English Language along wiht the others?

Do you know what you are going to do at uni yet?
valeryblack
Rep:
?
I think that ool is only for uk ppl, even if they are not in the UK. They require GCSEs for A level...so. I still couldn't fiind on the edexcel site any recommended books for Maths and Economics, as I think these 2 will be the ones that will cost me most work. Any ideas?
As for English...I am planning to have IELTS, dunno if it makes sense to have it at A level too.
Purple
Report 12 years ago
Why dont you come to the UK to do your A Levels then?
valeryblack
Rep:
?
Because I've got school here And a life. I will come for university though...with A levels r without them. Preferably with.
Purple
Report 12 years ago
Sit the exams in the UK then?
valeryblack
Rep:
?
So far I know there is no institution in the UK that would accept private candidates. If I take the distance learning from NEC I could give them in UK but they don't offer English (only literature or something like that) and any other modern language than French and no further maths. If my British Council would hurry in answering me
packupthemoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by valeryblack)
So far I know there is no institution in the UK that would accept private candidates. If I take the distance learning from NEC I could give them in UK but they don't offer English (only literature or something like that) and any other modern language than French and no further maths. If my British Council would hurry in answering me
..How come I take Maths A Level as a private candidate, then? Most schools let external students take the exams. Try ringing/writing to a few. They might even mark coursework for you!

Also, I agree with the others about trying to do everything at once. It's hard enough when you do them in the normal time, but trying to fit 4 years work into one...well, you'd have to be pretty damn brilliant. Not that I know you're not, of course:p:
valeryblack
Rep:
?
(Original post by LouisaG)
..How come I take Maths A Level as a private candidate, then? Most schools let external students take the exams. Try ringing/writing to a few. They might even mark coursework for you!

Also, I agree with the others about trying to do everything at once. It's hard enough when you do them in the normal time, but trying to fit 4 years work into one...well, you'd have to be pretty damn brilliant. Not that I know you're not, of course:p:
What is the name of your school? :eek: It is what the uk britishcoucil told me, anyway. And I almost decided that I will make only As and A level...
packupthemoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm taking my maths at Torquay Boys Grammer School, Devon. I don't see why you couldn't come and take it too, though I suppose I am a student at another local school.
valeryblack
Rep:
?
(Original post by LouisaG)
I'm taking my maths at Torquay Boys Grammer School, Devon. I don't see why you couldn't come and take it too, though I suppose I am a student at another local school.
Well, I'm not attending any british school at all, so... I've written to edexcel yet again. I hope they will point me in an other direction rather than the british council, because they're pretty much useless.
Purple
Report 12 years ago
Plenty of schools accept private candidates
valeryblack
Rep:
?
International students that have never attended a british school and that don't have any GCSEs??? Wow...does someone know any in London, or well in a big city in the UK? (I'll keep the one in Devon in mind)
Excalibur
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Are there no schools in Romania that does the International or European Baccalaureate programmes? They're just as eligible as A levels for university applications.
valeryblack
Rep:
?
There is one school for International Baccalaureat, but it doesn't accept private candidates ((
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.42%
No - I got the required grades (108)
59.02%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise